• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
India just can't hit the big shots here- five of their attempts ended in catches. How much of an impact has the next-to-impossible chase had on this dramatic collapse? This is one of those cases where a weak bowling attack gives away the game on a platter and puts the task way beyond the batting. While the dropped catches were a factor, those guilty are India's best fielders, and this was something that came out of nowhere.

Now we see what a dire lower order the Indians have- four bowlers with virtually zero batting ability.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yusuf, Dinda and Nehra should not be playing. Seen Nehra have disastrous off-days in limited overs cricket too many times now. Dinda has been above average-ish in the IPL but not good enough to merit a place in the Indian side. Sreesanth should replace Dinda in the next match. Nehra should never play for India again(not an outburst after one game, have always said this since 2003) and Yusuf should be replaced by someone else.
If you keep dropping your best players like this, you won't be left with a good team. They lost Rohit Sharma, and the replacement was pottering around trying to get set. They've lost Irfan Pathan, and now they've suffered while bowling. In fact, they'll need Yusuf more than ever, with these gargantuan chases and flat decks. When the opposition batting is hitting your bowling for so many fours and sixes, you need someone who can give it back.

Besides, this is T20, not Test cricket!

Shri

Mr. Glass
If you keep dropping your best players like this, you won't be left with a good team. They lost Rohit Sharma, and the replacement was pottering around trying to get set. They've lost Irfan Pathan, and now they've suffered while bowling. In fact, they'll need Yusuf more than ever, with these gargantuan chases and flat decks. When the opposition batting is hitting your bowling for so many fours and sixes, you need someone who can give it back.

Besides, this is T20, not Test cricket!
Don't reason with rage. Won't end well.<_<

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Look at this missing list-
  • Irfan Pathan: Batting strike rate of 126, average over 19, bowling strike rate of 17, average a little over 22 and more than a wicket a match
  • Manpreet Gony: Batting strike rate of 166, average over 23, bowling strike rate over 21, average a shade over 25 and a little over a wicket a match
  • Amit Mishra: Bowling average of 16, strike rate over 15, batting average over 14, strike rate over 125, well over a wicket a match
  • RP Singh: Bowling average under 15, healthy sub-20 strike rate.
  • Bala Akhil: Batting strike rate of 150, average over 19, bowling strike rate of 22, average under 25.
  • Joginder Sharma: Batting strike rate a little over 141, bowling average 25, a little less than a wicket a match.
All economies under eight. On the other hand, none of the current bunch of bowlers can bat, some are shaky on the field, and some others are dire in T20.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thankfully was watching a movie and didn't watch the carnage today though I must admit I would have enjoyed watching the awesome Sangakarra bat.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Would we discount this as just another bad day for the Indians? Dropped catches happen out of nowhere, and when the best of the bunch drop them, it was just bad luck. The batting imploded, but they tried to chase a near-impossible total. The bowling was utter tripe, but some of them shouldn't have been here at all- the loss of some quality players has showed here. Hopefully they'll recover from their butterfinger disease and get that act sorted out at Mohali.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think Rohit is the answer in T20s... And I don't think Ojha should be there... Apart from that, juz gotta admit SL outplayed us on the day, not by too much but they won easily enough in the end..

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't think Rohit is the answer in T20s... And I don't think Ojha should be there... Apart from that, juz gotta admit SL outplayed us on the day, not by too much but they won easily enough in the end..
Rohit should be used like he was used by Gilly at the Chargers during the IPL. Looked like a devastating finisher for a while in the competition.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Don't remember ever disagreeing with you on the forum but what are you talking about? Sharma is one of the best T20 players in India.

Sir Alex

Banned
This continued defeats proves India are definitely improving and worthy of their no.1 test spot according to Ricky pontingg's theory.. ;p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I actualy meant to say his bowling.. Using him too much these days.. :( Gotta depend on proper bowlers..
I don't know why the **** they picked Dinda.

Also, Yusuf Pathan isn't bowling well recently which got him got him dropped from the ODI squad. His batting is good but bowling is a concern area.