• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

ret

International Debutant
Sri Lanka were so demoralised by the end of the day that it was hard to fathom a route back into the match. When Chanaka Welegedara went off injured with Sehwag in sight of his double-century, the ball was thrown to Nuwan Kulasekara. A cut, flick, glance and midwicket-thump later, he looked ready to cry. As he walked back to his fielding position, he looked every inch the man who'd been asked to take his mate's place in solitary confinement.

Sehwag now has five of the 10 fastest double-centuries in history, including three of the first four. This though is a man utterly insouciant when it comes to such landmarks. He could well go on to obliterate Lara's record tomorrow. He certainly has a great chance to put even Bradman in the shade and score a third triple. None of those possibilities is likely to make him lose sleep though. For someone who has reduced batting to its most elemental, only the next ball matters. If it's there to be hit, regardless of whether he's on 299 or 399, he'll go for it. Which is precisely why it's such a bloody privilege to watch him play. Those that passed up a chance to come to Churchgate on Thursday would be best off reading the Mishima guide to seppuku.
some quotes from cricinfo .... nice read!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Just saw the statistics on the New Zealand v Pakistan coverage of Sehwag's innings, quite remarkable that he holds the second, third and fourth fastest double centuries in test cricket, only behind Nathan Astle's 222 when he exploded against England in 2002. Given how comfortably he apparently scored runs against the Sri Lanka bowlers yesterday, who knows how clinical he'll be tomorrow...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Viru's SR under Dhoni in Tests is over 100 as well.

I don't think it's too much to describe him as a batting genius.

Riggins

International Captain
Looking at those lists of fastest double's etc. the fastest by minutes aren't really on the list of balls faced, the older ones anyway. Were balls faced not recorded back then?when did the number of balls faced start being recorded for tests?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sky not showing this in the UK?

Will be raging if I've stayed up till 4am to see Sehwag bat for no reason.

ret

International Debutant
Sehwag gone .... I hope I didn't jinx him by staying up late to watch him get a triple