• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

jboss

Banned
Sehwag go for a 400. What an innings by him. Totally ruthless. Champ.
Barry Richards still kicks his ass with a score of 300+ in a single day + a century before luch 16 times in his career in an erra where bowling was not restricted and bats were very much smaller. :P

Sir Alex

Banned
Tendulkar isn't getting many chances to bat and I think he would be desperate to make runs here. Would be a very determined Tendulkar and I would not change his order at all.
I would place team's chance of getting to a 350 run lead quickly over another 100 for Tendulkar.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Barry Richards still kicks his ass with a score of 300+ in a single day + a century before luch 16 times in his career in an erra where bowling was not restricted and bats were very much smaller. :P
Yeah, thats a valid comparison because Sehwag has batted for an entire day today, and against an FC attack.

Sir Alex

Banned
What's the need to hurry. We have a lead of 50 already. There is a lot of time left in this test match.
I don't like to subscribe to that because the wicket might stay placid for the next two days as well which would give Sri Lanka good chance to claw back into the game. Giving them 2 full days to bat out with a 350 run deficit would be perfect because it is tantalisingly neither here nor there. And I think it is time as a No.1 team India played some aggressive cricket rather than playing safe. However all this could up in a puff of dust should India collapse once Sehwag gets dismissed.

Dissector

International Debutant
Sehwag has five of the 10 fastest test double-hundreds by balls including no. 2,3 and 4.

He also has the fastest triple hundred by an enormous margin though he has a good chance of breaking that tomorrow. Hayden comes next far behind (against a minnow of course) and then Sehwag is at no.3 again just two balls behind.

When it comes to fast, massive test innings Sehwag is in a league of his own.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Haha do you know the story even? He took Lilee + his Aussie partner and a spinner called Lock apart.
Good for him. So what were the other 15 occasions when he scored those quick centuries on the Test scene?

jboss

Banned
Ni I was just implying that Richards still remains the only person to take a test match quality attack for 300 in a day. I was actually hoping for Shewag to do it today.

Sir Alex

Banned
Ni I was just implying that Richards still remains the only person to take a test match quality attack for 300 in a day. I was actually hoping for Shewag to do it today.
He would have if he got 5-8 overs more which he would have had sri lanka did not bat for 30+ minutes in the morning.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
But thing is, Sehwag didn't bat for an entire day. SL used up the first 5.4 overs, plus the changeover. Chances are he'd have got those 16 extra runs if this were day 1 of the test.

Dissector

International Debutant
Incidentally Barry Richards never faced Lillee in a test match. Are we talking about WSC or some first class game? Richards' fastest test hundred was this knock where he scored 140 off 164 balls. Excellent especially for those days but quite far behind what Sehwag has achieved in his most destructive test knocks.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But thing is, Sehwag didn't bat for an entire day. SL used up the first 5.4 overs, plus the changeover. Chances are he'd have got those 16 extra runs if this were day 1 of the test.
If he gets them in the first 7.4 overs tomorrow then we can tick something else off the list.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea amazing Test record he has there.

Howsie

International Captain
Sehwag has five of the 10 fastest test double-hundreds by balls including no. 2,3 and 4.

He also has the fastest triple hundred by an enormous margin though he has a good chance of breaking that tomorrow. Hayden comes next far behind (against a minnow of course) and then Sehwag is at no.3 again just two balls behind.

When it comes to fast, massive test innings Sehwag is in a league of his own.

Mwhahahaha, you'll never catch me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Incidentally Barry Richards never faced Lillee in a test match. Are we talking about WSC or some first class game? Richards' fastest test hundred was this knock where he scored 140 off 164 balls. Excellent especially for those days but quite far behind what Sehwag has achieved in his most destructive test knocks.
Yes, but everyone knows Lillee only took wickets on greentops /canofworms.jpeg

Have only just woken up, what's Virender done? Guessing a massive, fast score. Still waking up really but I can't think of another bloke who's scored so big so fast at test level, certainly not in the time I've been watching.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yes, but everyone knows lillee only took wickets on greentops /canofworms.jpeg

have only just woken up, what's virender done? Guessing a massive, fast score. Still waking up really but i can't think of another bloke who's scored so big so fast at test level, certainly not in the time i've been watching.
284*(239)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just watched the highlights - was insane, genuinely insane. Sehwag is such a monster!