• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Shri

Mr. Glass
Weren't people singing the praises of this pitch yesterday?
Have to be miles better than this to best India's line-up with spin bowling. Not much wrong with the pitch. Has decent bounce and turn that isn't too slow.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks to bad bowling and the pitch. With bad bowling taking more blame.
I'm not watching the match, so it was more of a question. SL don't seem to be scoring as many runs as they could, when you look at India. Dilshan got a bad decision in the first innings otherwise SL could have another 400+ score without even their main batsmen scoring big. Sangakkara has not really hit a big innings yet. If it wasn't for Sehwag's approach this match looks like it wouldn't have a result.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'm not watching the match, so it was more of a question. SL don't seem to be scoring as many runs as they could, when you look at India. Dilshan got a bad decision in the first innings otherwise SL could have another 400+ score without even their main batsmen scoring big. Sangakkara has not really hit a big innings yet. If it wasn't for Sehwag's approach this match looks like it wouldn't have a result.
Its just the second day and footmarks are already visible. The 3rd and 4th innings are not going to be easy imo. Herath has got sharp turn whenever he has hit the rough patches. Just hasn't been allowed to bowl on said areas by Sehwag's slogging. Definitely a result pitch. Sehwag has made batting look easy here with one of his freak shows again.

Sir Alex

Banned
Ikki, I watched SL's innings completely. I feel that they shouldn't have made even this much. India gave away free runs in the form of wides, no balls and terrible misfields. I agree Dilshan's dismissal was not correct but SL got more than actually they deserved courtesy some terrible cricket by Indians.

arcane

Cricket Spectator
Damn you India! Making pitches that turn and bounce when India is bowling and becomes flat and dull when India is batting. YOU EVIL GENIUSES!!!!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
what any one may say for me he is the second best opener to have played for India his record speaks for himself ...its not his fault that we have batsmen friendly pitches and avg bowlers currently

if you enjoy cricket you will enjoy his batting unless you are the one running up to bowl to him
Vijay Hazare and Vijay Merchant have been greats. I would put Hazare ahead of Sehwag.

Aritro

International Regular
Any chance someone could PM me a link to a stream, or is that something that's frowned upon here?

jboss

Banned
Damn you India! Making pitches that turn and bounce when India is bowling and becomes flat and dull when India is batting. YOU EVIL GENIUSES!!!!
These pitch discussions are getting duller than the flat pitches you mention. The toss plays just as big a role.

jboss

Banned
Not allowed here. Sorry.
And I don't see why they should not be allowed given that various cricket boards have yet to catch up with Cricket Australia whom happen to be the only cricket board I know of that actually stream thier games? Besides P2P is not illegal.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And I don't see why they should not be allowed given that various cricket boards have yet to catch up with Cricket Australia whom happen to be the only cricket board I know of that actually stream thier games? Besides P2P is not illegal.
Most streams are illegal and could bring the site into a lot of trouble. We follow the rule of following legal activities so that the forum never comes under any trouble. Torrents, illegal streams are rightly frowned upon on the site.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
I am pretty sure BCCI operated Neo Sports used to give free net casts. I am not sure they are giving it now.