• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
In some time we will have pitches which are flat for left arm spinners, off spinners, mystery bowlers and so on. Pitch has good bounce and good turn. A fast bowler who can hurry the batsman would be a handful. That the sri lankan bowlers might not be able to do that (I dont say they cant) will not make it a flat track.
Indian pitches are graveyards for fast bowlers. That is a historical fact. You nay get one or two surfaces that are bowler friendly has there has been over the last few years.

But the only very good/great fast bowlers have done well & won/drawn series in IND (WI 70s, 80s & 94, AUS 04, SA 2000 & 08, ENG 06). Kulsakera & Walegedera clearly do not fall into this bracket. So based on what i saw on first day, unless the conditions become overcast when IND bats or something, i really dont see how those two bowlers will trouble Sehwag technically.

G.I.Joe said:
If he was excellent there, then those were green tops.
No there wasn't a green top in any of those test vs AUS & ENG last year. All flat decks.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
In some time we will have pitches which are flat for left arm spinners, off spinners, mystery bowlers and so on. Pitch has good bounce and good turn. A fast bowler who can hurry the batsman would be a handful. That the sri lankan bowlers might not be able to do that (I dont say they cant) will not make it a flat track.
Good point, and I don't see Kulasekara, Mathews and Welagedara hurrying batsmen. Prasad, Malinga and Fernando obviously has the ability to do that. 2nd test SL made a wrong selection, here as well. Kulasekara might pickup 5 for, but still this pitch needs a wild, mean fast bowler. Prasad fits the description, but is injured, and Fernando is the enxt candidate for it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Vijay nearing his 100 too. Drop Yuvraj and get this guy into the test side with a regular spot.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swhwag is Gold again. Murali will learn from this silly mistake, I see shades of Dravid in him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just turned the live stream on and first ball Vijay out, absolutely plumb for 87.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Love it when people bag Sehwag. Results in him scoring more and more and faster and faster :)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is anyone listening to the radio commentary in India? It's become increasingly error-prone, with names pronounced wrongly, wrong statistics given, and one commentator even called Angelo Matthews, guess what, Ajantha Mendis!