• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Sir Alex

Banned
Australia are number 4 now in test cricket? How bad the mighty have fallen. I did not know till I checked this thread. Ahmedabad is known to assist pace bowlers a bit so I think the Indians will have a slight advantage. The team winning ttoss would not heistate to bowl first on this track.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame the time zones work out so badly for me because this should be a fascinating series. I look at the two team sheets and there's barely a player on either team that doesn't make me think "hmm, it'll be fascinating to see how he goes..."

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Will be interesting to see how SL goes in the tests. They've done well to get where they are in the rankings but people still always talk about Australia, South African and India as the three top sides in the world. Beating India at home would be a great way of showing they belong.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shame the time zones work out so badly for me because this should be a fascinating series. I look at the two team sheets and there's barely a player on either team that doesn't make me think "hmm, it'll be fascinating to see how he goes..."
Yeah agree about the last part, the time zones are perfect for me though, can't wait for the match to start!

Under 3 hours to go now, any idea on what the ground conditions are like?

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
I can hardly wait to see another annihilation of Yuvraj by Mendis and Murali. I think this will be the final chance for him to prove he is workably verstalie atleast as a lower order test batsman.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
lower order Test batsman? You think India is going to pick him as a number 8 or 9 or something?

You would make a dire manager Sir Alex.

Sir Alex

Banned
lower order Test batsman? You think India is going to pick him as a number 8 or 9 or something?

You would make a dire manager Sir Alex.
I meant Lower middle order NUFAN. :P I cannot see how he can suddenly develop a game which can catapult him to the top 5 even if the Big 4 were not there. In fact I feel Dhoni deserves to bat at no.6 and this guy at no.7. Had I been the manager Subramanyam Badrinath and Cheteswar Pujara would be making their debut in this series ahead of Laxman and Yuvraj Singh. India are not playing "real" test cricket after this for another 13 months or so and that is a huge gap for these two guys. In fact Badrinath is already 30 and will go down as the next Brad Hodge am afraid.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fair enough Sir Alex.

I thought someone was saying that India will be playing Bangladesh soon and someone else in Feb?

Jono - live streams for the win.

Sir Alex

Banned
Fair enough Sir Alex.

I thought someone was saying that India will be playing Bangladesh soon and someone else in Feb?

Jono - live streams for the win.
Test matches against Bangaldesh are at best first class level games as far as I am concerned. After that I don't think Indians are palying tests till end of 2010 (that is what Tendulakr said in an interview)

Agent TBY

International Captain
Practice game washed away. Why do they want to play cricket where it rains? IIRC, Northern India is much drier than Mumbai in this time of the year.
Haha what?

There is always winter rain in the North, while it almost never rains in Mumbai after September. The cyclone was an aberration.

Sir Alex

Banned
As expected no surprises India retains their best XI possible save perhaps Yuvraj. They win toss and elect to bat.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sri Lanka with a few surprises though - I don't recall seeing Uda Walawwe Mahim Bandaralage Chanaka Asanga Welegedara, what is he like?

Shri

Mr. Glass
I dont mind India getting bowled out for 0 if it means I get to watch Mishra bowl earlier. So, go SL bowlers!

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Welegedara gives good start for Sri Lankans...

SL requires Sehwag now... If he stays for another 60 min, India will be ahead

kingkallis

International Coach
UWMBCA <--- looks like sgort form of some Sri Lanklan Cricket Assosiation!

If they have these longer names of individuals then can you just imagine their residential addresses? WOW!