• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
I cant watch the telecast but seriously how flat and easy going is this pitch that both batsman are striking above 80. Are these matches simply to bump up averages or something sheesh, Sehwag only striking at 100, seriously needs to up his game..

jboss

Banned
AT LAST some secent cricket(pitch aside). This should set up a game that is not headed to a draw. Go India :-)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Reminds of the time when Hayden and Langer did similar things to the other teams a few years back.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Irrespective of how flat the wicket is and how well the batsmen have played, 300 before tea on day one is primarily a result of absolutely woeful bowling

Stapel

International Regular
AT LAST some secent cricket(pitch aside). This should set up a game that is not headed to a draw. Go India :-)
As promising as a big big first innings might be, one has to fear that 307/1 at tea simply means the track is too flat to get 20 wickets.

Assistance to the spinners from day 3 is the pitch report.
Well, that's what any report says when a wicket is flat. I'm not saying it won't assist spinners later, but the pitch report is hardly a good indicator.

Irrespective of how flat the wicket is and how well the batsmen have played, 300 before tea on day one is primarily a result of absolutely woeful bowling
I agree that poor bowling is a prerequisite for such a score. However, decent batting and a flat pitch are contributing at the same level.

biased indian

International Coach
i think SL playing 3 spinners is one reason for this score..i haven't seen the play ..but i feel if both the teams combined select 5 spinners in the team this pitch has to do some thing on day 4 or 5

Maximus0723

State Regular
you know things may well be very different if that bowl was caught?

Wicket is fine. Far better then last time. Bowlers have little confidence after Sehwag's assault.

Also, Sanga is playing way to defensive.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sounds like an awesome catch by Murali?

Anyone watching the match, what have SL bowlers and Sanga done wrong? Cos its obviously something.

As Social says, even if a track is flat, a test batting team should never be scoring at 5rpo on day 1. Its ridiculous.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Sounds like an awesome catch by Murali?

Anyone watching the match, what have SL bowlers and Sanga done wrong? Cos its obviously something.
As Social says, even if a track is flat, a test batting team should never be scoring at 5rpo on day 1. Its ridiculous.
agreeing to play a cricket match on a motorway.