• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Mendis has to play, given what he did to India last time. They've faced millions of Heraths in their time, however well he's bowling I can't see him causing India too many problems.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad news- the Indians have dropped Mishra for defensive leftie Pragyan Ojha. They've also dropped Ishant for Sreesanth. Indian selections have gone backwards. There goes the match.

The Lankans have chosen three spinners for this match.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I dont know what Dhoni has in his mind. Does he believe Sreesanth will do better than Ishant. Actually Ishant was decent during that yawn fest at Ahmedabad. Mishra being dropped after the one match is also ridiculous.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Ravi Shastri's interpretation of dropping Mishra is laughable-
Ojha is a steady bowler and that allows Dhoni to control proceedings
Then what could he have done on that Motera wicket? What difference could his defensive bowling make? Even on a more lively track, he's struggled to run through a batting lineup, often finishing with precious little, only with few runs given away. If this pitch is a lot like the one from the last game, they'll miss Mishra a lot more.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is some of the worst selection I've seen from India in a while.

Mishra dropped is horrible, and clearly they've lost patience with Ishant.

Sure, if you want to make those decisions, please don't base it on one of the flattest tracks in recent years.

Ridiculous. Sree better step up to the plate.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Laughing @ Indian selectors.

Anyone watching? The selections smack of thinking that this pitch is going to produce another boredraw.

biased indian

International Coach
with India batting first i have a feeling that ojha might come good in the last inngs along with bhajji..to prove every one here wrong :)

cricman

International 12th Man
India better score 750/5d cause it's that type of pitch ... Wouldn't be surprised if Lanka go for 1000 and say why bother to go out and field

Hopefully the old man can get a few tricks and get to 800 wickets

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Do I have to repeat it once more? Sehwag played on roads against Aussies. Mahela played on seaming tracks against them. When the pitches they played have been same Mahela has been better than Sehwag (ENG, SAF and NZ)
Hobart is one of the slowest tracks in Australia... When did it become a seamer?

Dissector

International Debutant
This is the first time I have been depressed at seeing India 130 for 0 before lunch. Hope I am wrong but this is looking like another gruesome draw.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I am unhappy to see Sreesanth and Ojha picked, for reasons I have mentioned, but I'd happily be wrong to see them pry some wickets on this track - C'mon India!

Shri

Mr. Glass
India 164/0 (28.4 ov)

India RR 5.72
Last 10 ovs 85/0 RR 8.50
Thats what Sehwag can do to the side. He not only scores a great deal of runs himself but also gives the rest of the side a lot of time to put a big total on board quickly.