• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Stapel

International Regular
He's only played one test previously and he was the pick of our quicks. He should have been retained after the home series against England. He didn't break down until after he was dropped.

My point always has been he's of a higher quality to all the other fast bowling options in SL. Forget if he breaks down after this match. Its plainly clear that if he's fit, he should be in the side.
Fact is that Sri Lanka got into this test with the combined tests played by their quicks is...... 4 tests. That's always a risk. And I still wonder: Has Malinga really been so badly out of form for 2 years? If Welegedara is indeed the #1 to pick, is it correct to put Prasad before Malinga or any other fast bowler?

Anyway, these two Jayawardene guys are piling up the runs and a wicket seems unlikely.

My guess is that Sri Lanka should try to keep te run rate around 4 an over and then try to slog their lead to a bit more than 200 in the last 10 overs of the day. The chances to get a result in this test are optimised, if the Sri Lankan bowlers try to find swing with the new ball, early in the morning.

Stapel

International Regular
I can't see the tail hanging around long enough for that, but you never know. Certainly no need to think about declaring yet.
No, but I cannot imagine SL will declare so late, that Mahela gets time to score 300.... Bloody unlikely, I'd say.

Anyway, the run-rate is dropping. Too bad. But there is some turn now and then, which is good.

And we have been on a Big Nelson (555/5) for 13 deliveries, before a single was scored.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Just looked at the score - getting that fourth wicket against Sri Lanka is so crucial at the moment. Four of the top five are amazing, especially in sub-continent conditions, and all except Sangakarra seem to be in great form.

Even in getting the fourth wicket relatively late at 332/4 India must have sniffed a chance of knocking over the rest cheaply. Great for Sri Lanka that Prasana Jayawardene has held up an end, and even managed to score runs himself.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fact is that Sri Lanka got into this test with the combined tests played by their quicks is...... 4 tests. That's always a risk. And I still wonder: Has Malinga really been so badly out of form for 2 years? If Welegedara is indeed the #1 to pick, is it correct to put Prasad before Malinga or any other fast bowler?

Anyway, these two Jayawardene guys are piling up the runs and a wicket seems unlikely.

My guess is that Sri Lanka should try to keep te run rate around 4 an over and then try to slog their lead to a bit more than 200 in the last 10 overs of the day. The chances to get a result in this test are optimised, if the Sri Lankan bowlers try to find swing with the new ball, early in the morning.
Nah, he's been injured.

Interesting couple of days ahead. Really hope Sri Lanka can close it out, such a gun team.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
333 unbeaten for the 6th wicket must be getting close to some sort of record....should really check on cricinfo, but can't be arsed :happy:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Should have declared by now. It seems they are waiting for Jaya's tripple, but that makes the already slim chance they have to bowl out the Indians even more remote.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mishra's avg has taken a huge hit.
Actually couldn't help notice that the Indian bowler's in general have rubbish test averages which to me really emphasizes the pitches they generally play on & suggests to me that their batsmen's averages flatter to deceive