Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1542

Thread: *Official* Sri Lanka in India

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    It's a dead rubber so they didn't even want to bother. The conditions sounded marginally dangerous and the match is worth nothing so fair enough really. If the match was live in the series you'd hope they'd have continued.
    What about the blokes who have travelled to the venue on a cold December morning to watch the game? The spectators shouldn't be ditched like this at the first sign of trouble. Just my opinion. Nothing can be done about it now anyway. Sucks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    This is ****ing stupid. India does not even have a 140 Kmph+ bowler in the side and the pace at which these guys bowl is not fast enough to inflict injury. Wtf is wrong with these people?
    You ever face someone even 10Km/h slower? A ball to the face at that speed is pretty likely to break bones.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    You ever face someone even 10Km/h slower? A ball to the face at that speed is pretty likely to break bones.
    They do have helmets though, and that includes the WK
    You know it makes sense.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    This is ridiculous.

What are they going to do if on the fourth day of Test match the wicket becomes like that? Stop playing?

New Rules gentlemen New Rules. . .

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Only just caught up with the farce of this ODI - I think the sensible decision was made at the end of the day, but you have to wonder why it took more than 20 overs to reach that consensus to call the match off. Perhaps the ICC needs to look further into penalising grounds and pitches with a history of poor surfaces, after today's happenings and the ridiculous situation in the West Indies for the second test match against England at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Only just caught up with the farce of this ODI - I think the sensible decision was made at the end of the day, but you have to wonder why it took more than 20 overs to reach that consensus to call the match off. Perhaps the ICC needs to look further into penalising grounds and pitches with a history of poor surfaces, after today's happenings and the ridiculous situation in the West Indies for the second test match against England at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium earlier in the year.
    I can just imagine Hobbs and Sutcliffe laughing down from above, I would say the same for Wally but he may be looking up

Heh, was actually enjoying watching this one more than any of the others. Would've liked to have seen how we handled the Lankan bowlers.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    I can just imagine Hobbs and Sutcliffe laughing down from above, I would say the same for Wally but he may be looking up
    Just for the record I don't have any issue with a low scoring ODI but when it presents that much danger to the batting side practically from ball one, with a whole year of cricket ahead I think the right decision was made to call the match off eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Just for the record I don't have any issue with a low scoring ODI but when it presents that much danger to the batting side practically from ball one, with a whole year of cricket ahead I think the right decision was made to call the match off eventually.
    Well tbf I have not watched the highlights yet, so I can not comment too much, but 5-80 odd suggests that they were scoring runs, and with helmets and all of the other protective gear they can wear I would be surprised if there were any serious results

Crazy stuff!
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Just read through the Cricinfo commentary and it sounds like the right thing was done. People claiming that India don't have any rapid bowlers miss the point, in that a delivery bowled at 70mph is still potentially lethal if it misbehaves unpredictably. And it's no good to say that so-and-so played on worse in the past without helmets etc - times have changed and safety must be a paramount concern. No-one wants to see someone seriously injured and potentially lose their career for a meaningless ODI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    Just read through the Cricinfo commentary and it sounds like the right thing was done. People claiming that India don't have any rapid bowlers miss the point, in that a delivery bowled at 70mph is still potentially lethal if it misbehaves unpredictably. And it's no good to say that so-and-so played on worse in the past without helmets etc - times have changed and safety must be a paramount concern. No-one wants to see someone seriously injured and potentially lose their career for a meaningless ODI.
    Tbf i have not seen one fatal injury since they started wearing helmets, but again I have not watched the highlights of this match. If it was really bad you would have to know after a couple of overs not after 20

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    This is ********. What would they do if this was a fifth day pitch? I hate this so much. No one is going to die with modern equipment - deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Banned
    I thought that was the most bizzare of the stuff. And I did not watch the match so I don't know whether the pitch started showing it's demons only after an hour. But Cricinfo says trouble started much before then it is puzzling Sangakkara did not call in SL batsmen much before that. All wickets were taken off very good pitched up deliveries or via run out.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Kumble bowls at 145k+
    Erm no, he didn't.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Thread Information