Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1542

Thread: *Official* Sri Lanka in India

  1. #1486
    International Coach Shri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    It's a dead rubber so they didn't even want to bother. The conditions sounded marginally dangerous and the match is worth nothing so fair enough really. If the match was live in the series you'd hope they'd have continued.
    What about the blokes who have travelled to the venue on a cold December morning to watch the game? The spectators shouldn't be ditched like this at the first sign of trouble. Just my opinion. Nothing can be done about it now anyway. Sucks.

  2. #1487
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,053
    Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    This is ****ing stupid. India does not even have a 140 Kmph+ bowler in the side and the pace at which these guys bowl is not fast enough to inflict injury. Wtf is wrong with these people?
    You ever face someone even 10Km/h slower? A ball to the face at that speed is pretty likely to break bones.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  3. #1488
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    You ever face someone even 10Km/h slower? A ball to the face at that speed is pretty likely to break bones.
    They do have helmets though, and that includes the WK
    You know it makes sense.

  4. #1489
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,255
    This is ridiculous.

    What are they going to do if on the fourth day of Test match the wicket becomes like that? Stop playing?

    New Rules gentlemen New Rules. . .


  5. #1490
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Only just caught up with the farce of this ODI - I think the sensible decision was made at the end of the day, but you have to wonder why it took more than 20 overs to reach that consensus to call the match off. Perhaps the ICC needs to look further into penalising grounds and pitches with a history of poor surfaces, after today's happenings and the ridiculous situation in the West Indies for the second test match against England at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium earlier in the year.

  6. #1491
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Only just caught up with the farce of this ODI - I think the sensible decision was made at the end of the day, but you have to wonder why it took more than 20 overs to reach that consensus to call the match off. Perhaps the ICC needs to look further into penalising grounds and pitches with a history of poor surfaces, after today's happenings and the ridiculous situation in the West Indies for the second test match against England at the Sir Vivian Richards stadium earlier in the year.
    I can just imagine Hobbs and Sutcliffe laughing down from above, I would say the same for Wally but he may be looking up

  7. #1492
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,451
    Heh, was actually enjoying watching this one more than any of the others. Would've liked to have seen how we handled the Lankan bowlers.

  8. #1493
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    I can just imagine Hobbs and Sutcliffe laughing down from above, I would say the same for Wally but he may be looking up
    Just for the record I don't have any issue with a low scoring ODI but when it presents that much danger to the batting side practically from ball one, with a whole year of cricket ahead I think the right decision was made to call the match off eventually.

  9. #1494
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Just for the record I don't have any issue with a low scoring ODI but when it presents that much danger to the batting side practically from ball one, with a whole year of cricket ahead I think the right decision was made to call the match off eventually.
    Well tbf I have not watched the highlights yet, so I can not comment too much, but 5-80 odd suggests that they were scoring runs, and with helmets and all of the other protective gear they can wear I would be surprised if there were any serious results

  10. #1495
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Crazy stuff!
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  11. #1496
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Just read through the Cricinfo commentary and it sounds like the right thing was done. People claiming that India don't have any rapid bowlers miss the point, in that a delivery bowled at 70mph is still potentially lethal if it misbehaves unpredictably. And it's no good to say that so-and-so played on worse in the past without helmets etc - times have changed and safety must be a paramount concern. No-one wants to see someone seriously injured and potentially lose their career for a meaningless ODI.

  12. #1497
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    Just read through the Cricinfo commentary and it sounds like the right thing was done. People claiming that India don't have any rapid bowlers miss the point, in that a delivery bowled at 70mph is still potentially lethal if it misbehaves unpredictably. And it's no good to say that so-and-so played on worse in the past without helmets etc - times have changed and safety must be a paramount concern. No-one wants to see someone seriously injured and potentially lose their career for a meaningless ODI.
    Tbf i have not seen one fatal injury since they started wearing helmets, but again I have not watched the highlights of this match. If it was really bad you would have to know after a couple of overs not after 20

  13. #1498
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,658
    This is ********. What would they do if this was a fifth day pitch? I hate this so much. No one is going to die with modern equipment - deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  14. #1499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    I thought that was the most bizzare of the stuff. And I did not watch the match so I don't know whether the pitch started showing it's demons only after an hour. But Cricinfo says trouble started much before then it is puzzling Sangakkara did not call in SL batsmen much before that. All wickets were taken off very good pitched up deliveries or via run out.

  15. #1500
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Kumble bowls at 145k+
    Erm no, he didn't.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. India v Sri Lanka Tests
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 05:13 PM
  2. India For T20 World cup
    By Seohunter in forum 2009 ICC World Twenty20
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-05-2009, 11:54 AM
  3. Sri Lanka and India in CWLand (Australia)
    By lord_of_darkness in forum Cricket Web XI
    Replies: 460
    Last Post: 23-10-2004, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •