• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play the ODI series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1265155095​

Play the Twenty20 series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1265155105​

Sun Feb 7
1st ODI - Australia v West Indies
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Tue Feb 9
2nd ODI - Australia v West Indies
Adelaide Oval

Fri Feb 12
3rd ODI - Australia v West Indies
Sydney Cricket Ground

Sun Feb 14
4th ODI - Australia v West Indies
Brisbane Cricket Ground, Woolloongabba, Brisbane

Fri Feb 19
5th ODI - Australia v West Indies
Melbourne Cricket Ground

Sun Feb 21
1st T20I - Australia v West Indies
Bellerive Oval, Hobart

Tue Feb 23
2nd T20I - Australia v West Indies
Sydney Cricket Ground

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
West Indies test squad to tour Australia

The official Test squad is as follows:

Chris Gayle (capt), Adrian Barath, Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Travis Dowlin, Brendan Nash, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Darren Sammy, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Jerome Taylor, Gavin Tonge.

Fidel Edwards has a knee injury. Not a bad effort from the selectors, the only difference to my preferred squad is Benn being the spinner (wrong the decision), the lack of a back up opener and Fidel being out through injury.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Wanted Morton in there for Dowlin and Mohammed in for Benn. Tonge makes it ahead of injured Edwards and Sammy getting in ahead of Simmons I guess.

Beamer

I'm reasonably happy with the squad considering what they usually come up with. Though I do agree that in an ideal world Benn would be nowehere near a West Indies side and we would have a back up opener instead of Dowlin.

Last edited:

Beamer

Yeah sorry we posted at the same time. Mods could you please merge or delete this thread?

Thanks........

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks a good squad. Expect Australia to dominate though, as I do think they have an extremely formidable Test line up at home.

howardj

International Coach
One warm up game before the 1st Test furnace.

What a joke.

They should be out here now, and should play at least one tour game at the Gabba before the Series starts.

When will teams ever learn?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member

What a joke.

They should be out here now, and should play at least one tour game at the Gabba before the Series starts.

Brendan Nash has plenty of Gabba experience

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

What a joke.

Regional One day tournament going on now. Semi Final actually playing now between T&T and Barbados.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Wanted Morton in there for Dowlin and Mohammed in for Benn.
Morton has always looke techincally poor in the test he ahs played though. Dowlin has fairly competent, so i reckon he deserved his chance.

Benn is not the greatest, but i doubt Mohamamed would trouble AUS. Jaggernauth is the best spinner in WI from what i've seen.

Tonge makes it ahead of injured Edwards and Sammy getting in ahead of Simmons I guess.
If Edwards ws fit, i still would have picked Tongue TBH. Simmons should have been picked instead of Sammy who really not be near to the test squad.

shivfan

Banned
It's not often I say this about our West Indies selectors, but I think they did a decent job this time around....

That said, I have a few minor grievances.

1) Their loyalty to Benn is mind-boggling. Bring in Nikita Miller of Amit Jaggernauth for him for the Test team.

2) Dowlin should not be in the squad ahead of Simmons.

3) Sammy is not going to be a success in Tests in Australia. Rather, he should be in the ODI squad. Maybe Richardson or a second spinner would've been my choice....

But it's good to see Roach, Tonge, Deonarine and Barath in the squad....