• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Better one day bowler, reckon I'd take Sehwag in the longer version. Reckon he's the most underused spinner in the world, TBH.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they're about equal in Tests. Gayle is pretty underrated and often underused in that regard too. When he backs his bowling he can do a very decent job, and I definitely think he should've bowled more instead of Sammy in the 2nd innings at Adelaide.

howardj

International Coach
Geeves called as Siddle's standby | Cricket News | Australia v West Indies 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

Won't play, but interesting to note how highly the selectors rate Geeves. No complaints from me, bowling really well over the past couple of season. Another cricketer who's career average should be taken with a grain of salt, better bowler than that now.
I'm instinctively reluctant to endorse Taswegians. However, I like Geeves. As with Hilf, he's a big, strong bastard who will run in all day. Importantly, he's taken big strides forward in recent Summers- he's very much on the incline.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Has always struck me as being on a level with the Magoffins of the world - ok fc bowler but not test class
Indeed. Too bad the selectors have banished Noffke (although his FC from for WA looks iffy this season last i checked) & Nannes is injured.

Andre

International Regular
Must admit I'm a massive Geeves fan. Reckon he will suprise more than a few. Bowls a seriously heavy ball and has great stamina, wouldn't suprise me in the slightest to see him do really well if he gets a game.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Reckon Magoffin's actually the better bowler tbh.
Agree. Always rated Magoffin highly, when fit he is really dangerous.

Australian selectors have shown very little interest though. I don't even recall him ever going on an 'A' team tour. Only interest was being selected for the T20 warm up game at the start of last season.

Andre

International Regular
He went so South Africa last year with the Test squad as a replacement when a handful of quicks were struggling with injury. Wasn't really in the frame to play though, Geeves and Bollinger were also on the tour as well as Johnson/Hilfy/Siddle.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Happy with the Geeves selection, I think he's the right choice really, if you go through state by state I don't think any bowler deserves a spot ahead of him.