• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Lara was on his farewell tour when the Windies were out here last time. Went past Border then too.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was Lara still playing in that series? I can't remember, but he usually worked as a draw
He did and the fact he'd belted a double ton and was about to go past AB on the Saturday probably helped attendance (got me through the door). :D

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Thoughts on Roachs bowling so far this series?

Fingers crosses he continues to grow as a bowler and fulfills his potential

Howsie

International Captain
Would it be ridiculous to say he's been the best fast bowler during the two test matches? I've been very impressed by Roach and even I didn't think he'd be this good against Australia. What I like about him is that he keeps it fairly simple, but is still able to generate 150+ speed. You really see him bowl rubbish that the likes of Mitchell Johnson and Peter Siddle dish up. His action makes it look like he's not even really trying to bowl quickly and is able to just put it on a spot.

Hopefully he works on his no ball problem a little more though, but at least it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be I spose.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Would it be ridiculous to say he's been the best fast bowler during the two test matches? I've been very impressed by Roach and even I didn't think he'd be this good against Australia. What I like about him is that he keeps it fairly simple, but is still able to generate 150+ speed. You really see him bowl rubbish that the likes of Mitchell Johnson and Peter Siddle dish up. His action makes it look like he's not even really trying to bowl quickly and is able to just put it on a spot.

Hopefully he works on his no ball problem a little more though, but at least it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be I spose.
Considering his style, which involves a pretty massive delivery stride, I don't think you'll ever see him totally eradicate his no ball problem for more than a month or two.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBF it was more to do with the bowling pressure than anything else as to why noone went on.

Uppercut

undermining the umpires
Not a chance. Peter Fulton, first test, gets an absolute joke of an lbw decision after middling the ball onto his pads. Doesn't refer.

Rightfully so, no one talked about the umpire's boob. The referral system lets the umpire off the hook.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Injured after IPL and not offered a contract which is disgraceful. By the way anyone know when and who WI next test series is against?
It's his own fault. He was told not to go the Champions League, not IPL. He went, got injured so contract was taken away.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It's his own fault. He was told not to go the Champions League, not IPL. He went, got injured so contract was taken away.
Surely the WICB had to give him permission though. And considering that they had him on a rehab plan, that surely wasn't a wise move.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Surely the WICB had to give him permission though. And considering that they had him on a rehab plan, that surely wasn't a wise move.
Well I think it was because of the rehab that he shouldn't have gone. No idea about all the details though but he violated something by going but I think it was the getting injured part. If he'd come back unscathed I doubt there'd be any trouble. Just gotta work by himself now and get fit again.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
fishguy said:
And lets not forget Windies already have one match wining all rounder in Bravo and we have another one Kieron Pollard who is also an all rounder in the making. And WI finally have a spinner!!
Not sure about this. Pollard looks like Ricardo Powell or Dwayne Smith reincarnated tbh. Think the best you can hope from him now is just form him to bring some form of consistency to his ODI batting.

fishguy said:
1. Gayle
2. Barath
3. Sarwan
4. Chanders
5. Bravo
6. Nash
7.Ramdin
8. Benn
9. Taylor
10. Roach
11. Edwards
Dont forget Marlon Samuels. Reckon WI could do without playing a spinner (unless its a real turner) if you have Taylor/Roach/Edwards/Bravo is your 4 main bowlers tbf.

Top_Cat

Completely unrelated but yesterday was the first time I've seen Gayle live and I was surprised at what soft hands he has, especially in defence.

The deck is flat, the outfield quick and the day looks like it'll be relatively clear. Good couple of days ahead.

shivfan

Banned
To be fair, Benn has been one of the Wi's leading wicket-takers over the past year....

When you consider how flat the pitches are, it's not all that surprising.