• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Good day of Cricket. Even though I'm an avid Australian supporter I can't help but cheer on the Windies

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
Man i can't wait for a FULL strength Windies side taking on the top teams. Imagine Taylor Edwards and Roach. Man Roach is such a revelation! For sooooo many fruitless years WI did not have a 3rd seamer of any quality. Oh frustrating were the days of Darren Powell. And finally I hope we have an opening partner for Chris Gayle in Barath. We've had so many partners for Gayle non of whom have been of any real quality. And lets not forget Windies already have one match wining all rounder in Bravo and we have another one Kieron Pollard who is also an all rounder in the making. And WI finally have a spinner!!

1. Gayle
2. Barath
3. Sarwan
4. Chanders
5. Bravo
6. Nash
7.Ramdin
8. Benn
9. Taylor
10. Roach
11. Edwards

shivfan

Banned
Ive seldom seen a more presumptuous opening sentance than the one from this article. Im not saying it will not happen but there is an element of chickens being counted, especially given the oposition scored 451 and Australia are still over 270 behind.

Nielsen dares to dream of big win | Cricket News | Australia v West Indies 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

"Australia will be pushing for another innings victory in Adelaide after Shane Watson and Simon Katich took them to 174 without loss on the second day."
Prophetic comments, Goughy....
:cool:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Man i can't wait for a FULL strength Windies side taking on the top teams. Imagine Taylor Edwards and Roach. Man Roach is such a revelation! For sooooo many fruitless years WI did not have a 3rd seamer of any quality. Oh frustrating were the days of Darren Powell. And finally I hope we have an opening partner for Chris Gayle in Barath. We've had so many partners for Gayle non of whom have been of any real quality. And lets not forget Windies already have one match wining all rounder in Bravo and we have another one Kieron Pollard who is also an all rounder in the making. And WI finally have a spinner!!

1. Gayle
2. Barath
3. Sarwan
4. Chanders
5. Bravo
6. Nash
7.Ramdin
8. Benn
9. Taylor
10. Roach
11. Edwards
Good side on paper. Wonder if we'll ever see it in action.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was at the ground for the day and no sooner had I sat down in the Bradman stand, I said to my mate Ed "I'm backing Watto not to score his ton." Two seconds later..... I mean, give credit to the ball but, wow.

Tactically, was hard to fault the WI today. They did exactly what successful teams in SA have done at Adelaide for years (yes, there have been some....); the spinner sits on a length all day, one guy breathes fire and the rest keep it tight. Gayle's fields were absolutely spon-on too. He opened up field for the square boundaries to keep the batters interested but his bowlers bowled very few short ones. Great tactical, frustrating cricket for the batters.

The Aussies, conversely, soft as butter. Tone was set by Watto's diabolical swipe across the line (and boy didn't Benn and Ramdin love it) and the rest followed suit. The success or failure of the above tactic at Adelaide is pretty dependent on the initiative shown by the batters and I didn't think the Aussies were that great today. The exception was Huss; struggled all day but gutsed out 40-odd and was undone by some top bowling from Roach. Aside from the nasty bumper followed up by the wide one which got him, was in Hussey's face all day. Said it before but the WI really have something in Roach.

Benn was immense all day. Good line, tuned a few, varied his pace. Great flat wicket bowling. That said, on that pitch, 450 shouldn't have been enough. Very few balls beat the bat and take out the get-out shots, reckon OZ might have challenged 500+. Ponting and Clarke in particular feel particularly aggrieved about not going on.

WI ahead in the game for mine.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Those that have stayed away from the first three days have missed some gripping cricket....

Will the crowds be much better for the final two days, I wonder?
Absolutely no chance. Working week starts again. If AO can only get just under 12 000 on Sunday, < 5000 for the next two days.

TBH, it's got little to do with the quality of cricket on display.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely no chance. Working week starts again. If AO can only get just under 12 000 on Sunday, < 5000 for the next two days.

TBH, it's got little to do with the quality of cricket on display.
Ground capacity at the moment wouldn't be much greater anyway at the moment right?

Top_Cat

Ground capacity at the moment wouldn't be much greater anyway at the moment right?
It's a fair bit less, yes. The Bradman stand was probably 90% full, Chappell stands around 80% full but the grassy areas were pretty bare. When compared to previous Sundays, I mean; usually packed.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
It's a fair bit less, yes. The Bradman stand was probably 90% full, Chappell stands around 80% full but the grassy areas were pretty bare. When compared to previous Sundays, I mean; usually packed.
Any real reason? Or simply a lack of interest in playing against the Windies

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Those that have stayed away from the first three days have missed some gripping cricket....

Will the crowds be much better for the final two days, I wonder?
No they will not be but I reckon there will be heaps of people very interested in seeing how this test pans out. One thing so far this series, is that we've not had a current state player play at home.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe Betfair had the Windies at $12.00 the other day after they'd scored 451. Should've had a go.

Top_Cat

Any real reason? Or simply a lack of interest in playing against the Windies
Don't think so. Attendance was great last time the WI were here and they were a worse side in some ways. And that was when the weather wasn't that great either.

The price of tickets + restrictions on fun stuff wouldn't be helping.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Don't think so. Attendance was great last time the WI were here and they were a worse side in some ways. And that was when the weather wasn't that great either.

The price of tickets + restrictions on fun stuff wouldn't be helping.
Was Lara still playing in that series? I can't remember, but he usually worked as a draw