• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

pasag

RTDAS
Very disappointing day of cricket from an Aussie perspective, so much potential as well. None of the batsmen are out of form, but none are cashing in either which is very annoying. Could be worse though.

Craig

World Traveller
The funny thing that in this series that the WI batsmen have more 100s then the Australians. Similar to how England won the Ashes, but the Aussie batsmen scored more runs, 100s etc.

Briony

International Debutant
Windies have done very well to limit the possible damage from the tail with Johnson and Hauritz often being thorns in teams' sides. A bit lucky there with the referral when you compare that with the Chanderpaul situation.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can't recall when I last saw such abject cowardice from an international batsman, tailenders or not.

Dougeh.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As someone who was at the game, I am not sure how the Clarke referral was "not out". Could someone explain to me how a ball hitting a batsman half way up the pad in the front of off stump is not out?

Athlai

Not Terrible
As someone who was at the game, I am not sure how the Clarke referral was "not out". Could someone explain to me how a ball hitting a batsman half way up the pad in the front of off stump is not out?
Umpires call - since hawkeye isn't an exact technology unless it the whole ball (might be 3/4s) is hitting the stumps they let the umpire decide. Umpires won't reverse their own decisions. If it had missed entirely it would be not out as well but the on-field umpire wouldn't be involved.

The referral system isn't really for marginal lbws tbh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah and in Clarke's case the ball was shown missing leg stump so the right call was made.

It was actually an excellent decision.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Nice end to the day for the windies. They can quite conceivably set the aussies a challenging total and level the series.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting, because it looked very plumb without the advantage of any technology other than full speed replays (which is what they showed at the ground).

Today was a fantastic day at the cricket. WIndies showed true fight and I was extremely impressed with how dangerous Roach was and how well Benn bowled.

Craig

World Traveller
If you are a West Indian fan, you have to be happy with that. I say they need at least a 300 run lead to feel confident.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Test cricket is so dead 8-)
I think almost everyone outside of australia wants the windies to win this, just to stick it to those arrogant oz journalists.

The sad thing is many normal oz fans buy into that crap. While in australia recently, i had an argument with a one dude who claimed test cricket was pointless since only australia, south africa, england and india can compete.