• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

Woodster

International Captain
Thought the Umpire Decision Review system worked pretty well again today. The three that I do remember, the nick behind from Chanderpaul that was given not out by both the onfield umpire and the Asad Rauf was correct imo. There did seem to be a noise, but with no deviation and nothing on Hotspot it was diffult to overturn that one. Then Chanderpaul's dismissal where I thought there was deviation and that Rauf got it right.

The other one was Bravo who contested his LBW decision and was right to do so as it was going clearly over the top. A bad decision reversed.

Woodster

International Captain
Found his constant screaming so annoying though. You're aggressive and passionate, we get it. Now shut up.
He can go a bit over the top, although I kinda understood his frustrations, the ball kept finding its way down to the third man boundary, he was deceiving the batsmen and it was dropping into vacant areas. Then he would get crashed to the boundary to compound the anger!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Aside from Dowlin being a below-par, if committed, batsman...
Who would you have had him in for? Considering that everyone who's not "undroppable" (ie Nash) has come good in this innings so far. Ramdin maybe?
He wanted Bravo to play as a bowler and Dowlin to play ahead of Sammy or Benn before the Test started IIRC.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, who knew a first day score of 336/6 would be celebrated so much? Us India fans would be whining (or at least I would be) if this were India.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Siddle looked very good out there. Could easily have picked up a couple wickets.
Yeah agreed. I mean, I probably wouldn't complain too much if Hilf came back in for Siddle but there's little doubt he was a pretty unlucky yesterday and bowled his guts out. Seems to be leaking more runs than usual, though so maybe a spell on the sidelines will help.

Mind you, Bolly + Hilf is a pretty potent sounding new-ball combo.

Saw highlights of Bravo's knock, geez he looked good.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Aside from Dowlin being a below-par, if committed, batsman...
Who would you have had him in for? Considering that everyone who's not "undroppable" (ie Nash) has come good in this innings so far. Ramdin maybe?
Personally, I think the side should've been:

1) gayle
2) Barath
3) Sarwan
4) Shiv
5) Dowlin
6) Nash
7) Bravo
8) Ramdin
9) benn
10) Roach
11) Rampaul

Of course, taht's before Bravo's timely century, and the useful innings by Sammy!
:laugh:
I really don't think we have the attack to bowl the Aussies out on an Adelaide pitch, even with Sammy bowling.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can't believe Bollinger is claiming that! FFS!

Whenever umpires have a chat for a catch they take their ****ing time.

Can't be that complicated.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That footage of McDermott getting out in that Test in 1992 is a cricket gear-grinder. I have the original footage I taped as a kid and there's no noise as the ball passes his body (reckon 9 have dubbed it, fairly chunky noise too). Then you have Ritchie saying it hit the ball glove and helmet with a feather touch. Historical revisionism fail.

What a Test, though. The best part of the coverage is AB's reaction to the last wicket. Nearly decapitates everyone in the dressing room with his worry ball.

Last edited: