• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Now if only they, aside from Chanderpaul, performed consistently enough to justify their averages. If the top 6 batsmen were that good, West Indies would surely be scoring more runs, more often, right? Or is Bravo such a weak link that he miraculously drags everyone else down with his individual underperformance? Averages clearly tell the whole story about the strength of the West Indies batting order.
:laugh:I was just messing around. Can't really get more than 1 or two performing in the same innings. Plus further to that small sample size for some of the batsmen. I got your point really though.:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could be Tonge and Sarwan in for Taylor and Dowlin it seems.
Given the dismal batting last time around, and that he's technically an allrounder, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sammy in for Taylor. I don't think it matters though, as both appear to be equally average-to-below operators with the ball.

My choice would be Garner.

shivfan

Banned
Hey, everyone except Barath underperformed in the first Test....
:cool:
But there will come a time soon when the WIndies will have to look at making changes to the top six, and Bravo's batting is a major factor in the non-performance of the batting.

He's one of our most important bowlers. But having him in the top six of the batting just doesn't help, IMHO.

I hope he proves me wrong in this Test....
:unsure:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given the dismal batting last time around, and that he's technically an allrounder, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sammy in for Taylor. I don't think it matters though, as both appear to be equally average-to-below operators with the ball.

My choice would be Garner.
Knows his stuff does camps.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You would think that not being able to get even 10 wickets on a fairly decent bowling deck in the first test, the Windies would have brought Tonge in, not a Bravo clone in Sammy. Attack is pop gun and ditching Dowlin who scored (some) runs despite looking awful is a poor move, Nash didn't score any runs and looked just as substandard.

Top_Cat

The Adelaide deck has rewarded medium pace more than the quicks this year, though. With half the ground missing, I'm hearing that the wind is helping blokes from the Torrens End swing the ball. Can see why they went for Sammy, if not for his batting too.

EDIT: Speaking of, which end has Bolly started from?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, Australian scorecards always catch me out.

Turned on to find WI 0/6 on the TV scorecard and was like "WTF?"

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Could be an entertaining first session here. Gayle fancies it and the wicket looks flat as.

Top_Cat

Yeah, left-handed sluggers who are strong square of the wicket tend to do well here. Fully expect a big, big score from Gayle today. Foot movement a non-issue on Adelaide!

How long before Gayle launches Siddle over the Vic Richardson Gates (provided the damn stands don't get in the way)? I'm tipping second session.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

God I hate this pitch. Good luck getting Shiv out.
If the first Test was any indication, he'll do the job himself anyway. Seriously reckon he doesn't have the stomach for the fight any more.

*cue double hundred off 600 balls*

Mr Mxyzptlk

You would think that not being able to get even 10 wickets on a fairly decent bowling deck in the first test, the Windies would have brought Tonge in, not a Bravo clone in Sammy.
The Adelaide deck has rewarded medium pace more than the quicks this year, though.
Tonge isn't that quick, and from the little I've seen, not much of a bowler. Reasonably disciplined with a bit of movement, but unlikely to do much in a Test climate without a fair bit of assistance. But as always I'd love to be proven wrong, and I don't rate Sammy as anything more than a steady, containing bowler in any form of international cricket.
ditching Dowlin who scored (some) runs despite looking awful is a poor move, Nash didn't score any runs and looked just as substandard.
I've seen a lot of Dowlin over the years, and all of Nash (internationally mostly) since his Caribbean adventure began. I'm confident in saying that Nash is a better batsman. For all the heart and effort of Dowlin, Nash poses the same with more technical ability.