• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

howardj

International Coach
Exactly what I'm talking about. It's a ****ing joke. I mean, do the cricket associations actually want to make money or not?! Most of the grounds have banned smoking, limited drinking, Mexican waves, blow-up balls, backpacks (despite searches before going into the ground) and swearing is on the list I'm sure. And the heirarchy of the grounds are surprised when people stop turning up to the games? Seriously?

Y'know what's really funny? It seems like SACA are the least prudish on this issue.
Agree, it's absolutely ridiculous. The behaviour is no worse than at the football, and I don't see them banning Mexican waves, the serving of spirits or closing down bars. As long as you're not abusing or hitting anybody else, then it's game on. It will get to the stage when you're thrown out for being tipsy.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
west indies need to be banned from test cricket just like zimbabwe.
The team that beat England just before England beat Australia.

I don't agree that they need banning. More team discipline would help though. I like Gayle as a player but his lack of discipline is not healthy for the team.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly what I'm talking about. It's a ****ing joke. I mean, do the cricket associations actually want to make money or not?! Most of the grounds have banned smoking, limited drinking, Mexican waves, blow-up balls, backpacks (despite searches before going into the ground) and swearing is on the list I'm sure. And the heirarchy of the grounds are surprised when people stop turning up to the games? Seriously?

Y'know what's really funny? It seems like SACA are the least prudish on this issue.
Don't worry, you'll cop the same treatment when you join us in the 21st century. :ph34r:

But yeah, clamping down on beach balls, blow up animals and any fun at all is the single worst decision the administrations have made.

I was at the Shield match at the WACA yesterday and sitting on the hill with a mate. There were two other people on the hill; twelve year-old boys just playing cricket with a tennis ball on their knees. No joke, a security person came over and told them to stop.

Matt79

Global Moderator
West Indies @ test cricket >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DingDong @ not posting pathetic drivel, tbh.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't worry, you'll cop the same treatment when you join us in the 21st century. :ph34r:
Who SACA? No comment, I know an employee. :ph34r:

But yeah, clamping down on beach balls, blow up animals and any fun at all is the single worst decision the administrations have made.

I was at the Shield match at the WACA yesterday and sitting on the hill with a mate. There were two other people on the hill; twelve year-old boys just playing cricket with a tennis ball on their knees. No joke, a security person came over and told them to stop.
Y'know, one wonders how much of the fun police stuff is controlled by the associations. You get the feeling they probably set some general guidelines and let Weslo go nuts.

Honestly, even as massive a cricket fan as I am, without the atmosphere, I wonder what my motivation to go to the cricket is. Gets less every year, tbh.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Who SACA? No comment, I know an employee. :ph34r:

Honestly, even as massive a cricket fan as I am, without the atmosphere, I wonder what my motivation to go to the cricket is. Gets less every year, tbh.
They really need to have designated 'family sections' and then have other areas where the 'bogans' can get on the piss, have mexican waves and have a bit of fun, as long as it doesn't hurt or damage anything.

Selectors making mess of Hughes - Australia - Fox Sports

Dont see sheild games of course, but in the Champions league Hughes technique looked the same to me.

I agree Hughes may be a bit confused ATM, but the team clearly isn't being picked on personalities.
Strange as it is I find Lawsons comments a bit confusing.

If as Lawson suggests Hughes has lost all confidence because the selectors have not selected him then surely he is too fragile (mentally) to be selected. Maybe the selectors want him to harden up a bit.

I think the selectors have got it right, even though Australia won easily I think they are going to improve considerably. I dont mean they will win by more as I expect the West Indies to play better than they did in the last test.

Watson justs offers more to the team than Hughes, Its as simple as that.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So JT is officially out for the rest of the test series and the selectors are meeting to decide on a replacement. Who de we think is going to replace him?

The centrally contracted fast bowlers who are not in Australia are:

Tino Best
Kevin McLean
Nelon Pascal
Lionel Baker

Now Best was given a contract as a reward for scabbing so he is surely not a realistic option. Lionel Baker was insanely ordinary in his previous international appearances so I would guess it is between McLean and Pascal.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I would choose Richardson as well but the WICB didn't even give him a central contract, hence my guessing it will be between McLean and Pascal.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hilfenhaus is out of the second Test, with McKay joining the 12.
Bollinger the likely replacement unless the selectors are too scared to strangely select 2 left armers.

If Bollinger plays, I hope he's got his run up sorted, as he bowled way too many no balls in the recent Shield match against Western Australia. He took 8 wickets for not many still.