• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

Julian87

State Captain
His List A record is underwhelming but I reckon he should just be given a license to bat T20 style in ODIs. I mean he has 10 overs minimum with the field up and Australia bat very deep anyway atm with Harris at 10. Would be more effective than Marsh IMO.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I don't understand why people keep talking about Marsh being dropped. He looks to be a pretty good batsman, has a decent record and I still can't forget his brilliant stroke play in IPL1. Such pure shots for 6s.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From a neutral POV, can't remember such a boring summer of cricket from Australia. Every time I'd switch it on hoping for a close game, Aussie would totally eat the opposition for breakfast. Is the general consensus that the Aussie bowling attack is a lot stronger than a lot of us thought, or were the Windies just atrocious with the bat (granted missing Chanders/Sarwan & Barath) , or was it just a combo of the two.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno, personally I think it even though they were weak our bowlers were doing all the right things. They fed off each other and made the breakthroughs almost at will. To win like that, game after game, and in such a ruthless manner is very difficult. Even a team like Bangladesh is bound to give you trouble here and there but we won so many games with wide margins that I am tempted to already announce us the #1 team :p

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but he looks so short and squished. Half expect him to say "She's a good 'orse, she'll run all day Tim" in post-match interviews.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't understand why people keep talking about Marsh being dropped. He looks to be a pretty good batsman, has a decent record and I still can't forget his brilliant stroke play in IPL1. Such pure shots for 6s.
Based on this season, Warner is likely to score as many runs in ODIs as Marsh at twice the rate

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From a neutral POV, can't remember such a boring summer of cricket from Australia. Every time I'd switch it on hoping for a close game, Aussie would totally eat the opposition for breakfast. Is the general consensus that the Aussie bowling attack is a lot stronger than a lot of us thought, or were the Windies just atrocious with the bat (granted missing Chanders/Sarwan & Barath) , or was it just a combo of the two.
Combo

Potentially a great pace attack up against 2 rabbles

Craig

World Traveller
Given that Warner's back leg tends to collapse when he is about to play a shot, especially in the longer versions of the game, I doubt he will be doing much until he fixes it.

pasag

RTDAS
Moment of the summer for mine was at the AB medal, Slater asked Ponting about his wife's attire and he replies "yeah, she scrubs up alright" :laugh:

thierry henry

International Coach
Then again I've barely watched the series so possibly missed some good stuff from him with the bat.
Just like to reiterate this point, Sammy once again smashed it in the T20. Not saying he'll ever amount to much as a batsman but he seems to have a bit of ability there and is pleasing to watch.

Also, just like to round off the thread by saying I'm gutted that I wasn't there to make a "pigs might fly" crack about Smith's catch.

thierry henry

International Coach
I dunno if it's just me, but does anyone else think that Bollinger's form has actually tailed off a bit and he is just getting away with it because he's been playing hopeless batsmen?

Throughout this series he's been running in harder than ever and bowling slower than ever. Low 130s has been common and the ball dieing through to the keeper. Almost like an NZ seamer :huh:
Sometimes I'm so perceptive I scare myself