• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

Woodster

International Captain
Yeah, looking forward to seeing Roach bowl. Taylor has been good when I've seen him bowl as well. Real shame Edwards is injured. Edwards, Taylor, Roach (from what I've heard of him), Bravo and Gayle could be a decent attack.
Fidel's a big blow for WI, if Taylor offers control, Edwards offers the raw pace and aggression, and if the ball swings, he can be a real handful. That attack you named though, in the right conditions, would certainly cause sides one or two headaches.

Presume they'll persevere with a spinner (Benn) at Brisbane, though I doubt he'll get a great deal of success.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't know whether to hope, for the sake of a contest, that the Windies bat or bowl. If they bowl, maybe Gayle has a chance to get rid of the worst of his jet lag before he has to bat, but normally batting first gives teams the best chance at the Gabba.

If Mitch's radar's working, and Gayle is jet-lagged, it could get very interesting for him.
They have to bat first. Too many teams come here and bowl first at the Gabba, and the Aussies follow it up with a massive total.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
and you call yourself "Aussie" :p
Haa, well i've been trying to change my username for a few years now, but the mods wont let me.

Reckon the decision will be vindicated.
It very well could be given the WIs vulnerability againts spin in general outside of Sars & C'Paul. But looking long term as i've always maintained i dont believe the AUS bowling attack, should be built with any spinner (Hauritz or Krejza) as part of a 4-man attack.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It very well could be given the WIs vulnerability againts spin in general outside of Sars & C'Paul. But looking long term as i've always maintained i dont believe the AUS bowling attack, should be built with any spinner (Hauritz or Krejza) as part of a 4-man attack.
Good job Watson's playing then.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
North too- looking at a six-man attack really, should Ponting feel the need to use them.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Good job Watson's playing then.
Yea technically it as 5-man attack. But Watto needs to prove he cant last as an all-rounder in tests capable of bowling 10-15 per innings without breaking down. ATS its still early days, he has only been back 5 months now, as we both would know he has never lasted more than year before breaking down to date in his career.

howardj

International Coach
The weather is set fair.

Looking forward to my first Gabba cricket day in 12 months.

I am hoping Australia bat first.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Getting the day off school to watch the first day of the summer of cricket.

I'm so excited, I can't wait. Stuff daylight savings, I want the game to start at 10 here as well. I'll be so disappointed if we have to bowl first or if Ponting doesn't bat or makes a low score today. If Ponting tons up today, it will be that mad.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Followed by the pestilence of Mark Nicholas..

We're batting BTW. Ponting won the toss. Better go stick the pads on.

Jakester1288

International Regular
YES YES YES YES YES!

Ponting to ton up, first game of series, first game of summer, at the Gabba. It's all set up. It's Punters stage to shine.

The summer of Cricket has begun! Loving these tunes and the look of channel 9's coverage, bring back memories and is pretty awesome.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Craig

World Traveller
1 Shane Watson, 2 Simon Katich, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Hussey, 5 Michael Clarke, 6 Marcus North, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Nathan Hauritz, 10 Peter Siddle, 11 Ben Hilfenhaus.

1 Chris Gayle (capt), 2 Adrian Barath, 3 Travis Dowlin, 4 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Brendan Nash, 7 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 8 Jerome Taylor, 9 Sulieman Benn, 10 Ravi Rampaul, 11 Kemar Roach.

Barath and Rampaul make their debuts. Barath for a 19 year old has a pretty good FC record.