• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Of course you wouldn't "believe me" because you're crying over me not hailing Dougy as "the best thing since sliced bread"!!, i just have a different point of view it's no big deal, with the amount of feelings that's been hurt i have to wonder if it's actually Dougy's family i'm responding to!! :laugh:
I understand everyone has their own opinion but you seem to be criticising him based on the fact that he's left handed which is just ludicrous

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Who says they're my pals? The only friend I have on CW is dontcloseyoureyes, and he's in several boxes underneath the house. This is between you and me - I have a problem with your trolling, spamming nonsense on what is a great forum.
Well if i'm "trolling" then so are you because YOU started this discussion and we're BOTH talking about the same thing i.e Doug Bollinger, i already said let it go but it seems like you want to continue with your bitter antics.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well if i'm "trolling" then so are you because YOU started this discussion and we're BOTH talking about the same thing i.e Doug Bollinger, i already said let it go but it seems like you want to continue with your bitter antics.
THEN I HOPE WE BOTH GET BANNED z

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I understand everyone has their own opinion but you seem to be criticising him based on the fact that he's left handed which is just ludicrous
No i said if Australia had their best bowling line up to pick from and Dougy was right handed he might not be in the side, that's all, because his left-arm swing bowling is what makes him stand out right? my biggest thing with Bollinger has been he hasn't proved himself against top opposition, the left arm thing was just a minor issue but not the reason why i don't rate him as highly as others.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
No i said if Australia had their best bowling line up to pick from and Dougy was right handed he might not be in the side, that's all, because his left-arm swing bowling is what makes him stand out right? my biggest thing with Bollinger has been he hasn't proved himself against top opposition, the left arm thing was just a minor issue but not the reason why i don't rate him as highly as others.
Whether its a major or minor issue with you, criticising a player based upon the grounds that the hand he naturally has to bowl with is the only reason he succeeds is way way too harsh. Like I said before, its like criticising Murali for having a bent elbow or Shane Warne for being a right handed leggie. Without the talent or determination, he'd be a nothing bowler, just as he would be if he was right handed.

pasag

RTDAS
Who says they're my pals? The only friend I have on CW is dontcloseyoureyes, and he's in several boxes underneath the house. This is between you and me - I have a problem with your trolling, spamming nonsense on what is a great forum.
:(

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Whether its a major or minor issue with you, criticising a player based upon the grounds that the hand he naturally has to bowl with is the only reason he succeeds is way way too harsh. Like I said before, its like criticising Murali for having a bent elbow or Shane Warne for being a right handed leggie. Without the talent or determination, he'd be a nothing bowler, just as he would be if he was right handed.
I'm not "criticising" him though, i was just making a point that is probably true if people are being honest with themselves and look beyond the frivolous "tit for tat" rubbish.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And i didn't think Bollinger was great before i met you, and i still don't!!!

Speak for yourself, i enjoy the heated debates with my fellow windie fans thank you very much!! :laugh: .
You are the reason the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium isn't fit for International Crickets.

Yes, crickets. Let me hand you back to Myriak.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seeing as i said "left arm spinner" Mr M i'm sure you were fully aware of who i was talking about!! :laugh: .
Just to summarize, you confused Brett Lee - a full-time right arm fast bowler - with Michael Clarke - a part-time left-arm spinner, and your excuse was that you're not a fan of the Australian team. It's pretty obvious why I wouldn't assume you knew who you were talking about, let alone that I do.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Just to summarize, you confused Brett Lee - a full-time right arm fast bowler - with Michael Clarke - a part-time left-arm spinner, and your excuse was that you're not a fan of the Australian team. It's pretty obvious why I wouldn't assume you knew who you were talking about, let alone that I do.
Actually Mr M i didn't actually say Lee was a left armer, i merely asked whether him and Johnson had played together, i actually meant to say "Clarke" but you see in this internet world there's a thing called "typo's" where people type things they never meant to type :unsure:.

I don't know what it is Mr M but i sense a tone of bitterness exuding from your posts recently, it seems like ever since we debated about Benn and Miller and you said you were "done" about ten times there's been an air of resentment that lurks beneath the surface just waiting for me to slip up :laugh:, i hope that isn't the case but with posts like the one above i can't help but wonder.