• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

AGAINST THE TOP SIDES!!!.. you know, not the likes of Pakistan and West Indies reserves!! :unsure:.
Thats what I dont understand, Australia have a better record against the top sides than England so how does that make England the better team. If you say its simply because the last time Aus played Eng they lost then the last time Aus played SA they won. The rules you use to make Eng batter than Aus also make Aus better than SA.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Thats what I dont understand, Australia have a better record against the top sides than England so how does that make England the better team. If you say its simply because the last time Aus played Eng they lost then the last time Aus played SA they won. The rules you use to make Eng batter than Aus also make Aus better than SA.
Because South Africa are currently giving the number one side an arse kicking in their own backyard, if you believe Australia are number three in the world then good for you, but i'm sure it's clear to most non Australians that England have been the better side recently.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'll give him a 5/10. A bit too obvious imo. He's getting a few bites to his credit though.
I'm still waiting for you to prove my notion about Bollinger and Watson wrong!! :unsure: ,

BTW if i was doing anything wrong here i'm sure the mods would have let me know by now, if sticking to my opinion means i'm "trolling" then so be it.

Craig

World Traveller
You didn't know that saying what you have about Watson and Bollinger would get a reaction from the Australian posters?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
What has happened to our wonderful tour thread? Everytime I login all I see is a string of 8-) and :laugh: . Pain on the eyes, and schoolyard style posting.

This thread was gold in the Test series when everyone was celebrating the achievements of Barath, showing some Dougeh love, and drooling over the pace of Roach. Thread matches the quality of cricket on display currently.

Back to cricket, good to see Tim Paine get another shot. He was very solid recently with Haddin gone, and has looked in decent touch playing for Tasmania.

Because South Africa are currently giving the number one side an arse kicking in their own backyard, if you believe Australia are number three in the world then good for you, but i'm sure it's clear to most none Australians that England have been the better side recently.
I'm just suprised that you have Aus higher than NZ and Sri Lanka.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You didn't know that saying what you have about Watson and Bollinger would get a reaction from the Australian posters?
In all honesty? NO :laugh: , i really am shocked that they'd take such minor comments to heart, you'd think i was slagging off Ponting!!.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
What has happened to our wonderful tour thread? Everytime I login all I see is a string of 8-) and :laugh: . Pain on the eyes, and schoolyard style posting.

This thread was gold in the Test series when everyone was celebrating the achievements of Barath, showing some Dougeh love, and drooling over the pace of Roach. Thread matches the quality of cricket on display currently.

Back to cricket, good to see Tim Paine get another shot. He was very solid recently with Haddin gone, and has looked in decent touch playing for Tasmania.
It takes two (or in my case six) to tango, but i see where you're coming from and i'll try to cut down the smilies from now on.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm still waiting for you to prove my notion about Bollinger and Watson wrong!! :unsure: ,
Look the main problem I have is with you calling Bollinger a "flat track bully".

A flat track bully is someone who steamrolls inferior opposition (check) but fails against more accomplished opposition (not check). Bollinger has obviously not played a substantive amount of games against the higher ranked teams, and therefore an opinion cannot be made one way or another. Simply not having the chance to play against the best batsman in the world (a club of whom Gayle, like it or not is a part of I might add), does not mean that he has failed to perform against them.

The Australian's on this board love the guy, but aren't under the illusion that he's the greatest fast bowler on the planet at the moment. We're drooling at the thought of him coming up against India/SA etc, but until that happens the worst you can say about the guy is that the jury is still out, not that he's a flat track bully.

As to Watson, we've already argued that he's not a flat track bully because he's done well against England, India (ODI) and Pakistan (who's weakness is not in their bowling).

Also, if you're committed to proving you're not trolling for attention, you should stop with the 8-) and :laugh: in every post. You come across as arrogant and patronising like other peoples opinions are far below yours. You might find you get a more favorable reaction from people if you give them the respect you so clearly crave yourself.

Anyway I agree with Noble, enough of this bickering imo.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Look the main problem I have is with you calling Bollinger a "flat track bully".

A flat track bully is someone who steamrolls inferior opposition (check) but fails against more accomplished opposition (not check). Bollinger has obviously not played a substantive amount of games against the higher ranked teams, and therefore an opinion cannot be made one way or another. Simply not having the chance to play against the best batsman in the world (a club of whom Gayle, like it or not is a part of I might add), does not mean that he has failed to perform against them.

The Australian's on this board love the guy, but aren't under the illusion that he's the greatest fast bowler on the planet at the moment. We're drooling at the thought of him coming up against India/SA etc, but until that happens the worst you can say about the guy is that the jury is still out, not that he's a flat track bully.

As to Watson, we've already argued that he's not a flat track bully because he's done well against England, India (ODI) and Pakistan (who's weakness is not in their bowling).

Also, if you're committed to proving you're not trolling for attention, you should stop with the 8-) and :laugh: in every post. You come across as arrogant and patronising like other peoples opinions are far below yours. You might find you get a more favorable reaction from people if you give them the respect you so clearly crave yourself.

Anyway I agree with Noble, enough of this bickering imo.
Ok now at least we have something to debate over, i did already mention Bollinger's debut when he faced South Africa and if we're being honest he wasn't all that great at all, Watson may have been ok in a game against England but "doing well" and playing like he's played against weak opposition this summer are two different things, but i agree that it's best to wait and see how they do against the other top sides, i really didn't expect to be having such heated exchanges over something so frivolous, if they prove me wrong then i'll have no problems praising their efforts.

And yes i think it's time for the bickering to cease, i'd rather save my venom for when WI lose on Friday.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok now at least we have something to debate over, i did already mention Bollinger's debut when he faced South Africa and if we're being honest he wasn't all that great at all, Watson my have been ok in a game against England but "doing well" and playing like he's played against weak opposition this summer are two different things, but i agree that it's best to wait and see how they do against the other top sides, i really didn't expect to be having such heated exchanges over something so frivolous, if they prove me wrong then i'll have no problems praising their efforts.

And yes i think it's time for the bickering to cease, i'd rather save my venom for when WI lose on Friday.
Got no problem with this tbh. (though you'll understand my bias in saying I think they'll carve them up :))

wood-e

Cricket Spectator
Pretty damn annoying injury has robbed us of

Gayle
Barath
Sarwan
Chanders
Bravo
Pollard
Ramdin
Taylor
Miller
Roach
Edwards

vs

Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
White
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Lee/Harris
Bollinger
Siddle

On top of that we have to put up with some posters in this thread..

Love that West Indian team but surely after early March when Marlon Samuels returns he is worth a look in, he is the holder of Steve Waughs Red Handky afterall and is so talented, just before he got suspended he made a wonderful Test Match 100 against the proteas in South Africa and was just starting to come good. If there was any arguement over whos worth their place in the side Nikita Miller Or Big Benn it should be put to rest here. Benn is someone who troubles the aussies his ability to bowl flat yorkers also helps as we saw in the Stanford 20 20 if he gets it right he can be very difficult to hit.