• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

shivfan

Banned
I think the Aussie authorities like what they've seen of Benn....

He's not your stereotypical laidback, easy-going West Indian, like Gayle or Samuels. He always wants to win, plays hard, gives lip, and is not afraid to get up the noses of the opposition with some words, and some confrontations. In other words, he plays like a stereotypical......Australian!
:cool:
Already, Queensland are showing interest in signing him for their 20/20 Aussie Big Bash team....

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Benn was like one of those kids at school that winds up the not very smart kid again and again and then laughs when he snaps and gets in trouble.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Watto = the not very smart kid? Surprising from you given it's Watto.
Me? No, I don't think he's very smart. He certainly doesn't come across as smart at all in interviews to me. I love watching him play because I really like his style of play, and I like how expressive he is, and he's cute. That's all.

fwiw, I definitely think he should have been fined, but to me it was a daft moment of madness and we've all had those. I certainly have, anyway. The press reaction he's getting now will hurt him far more, I'm sure, and be far more effective as a punishment. Even though he's brought it on himself, I just feel a little bit sorry for him.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wonder what it will cost him in sponsorship. The Aussie public will forgive all sorts of atrocities, but being a wanker is mass appeal suicide.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I can see the case for Johnson being banned, given he pushed Benn. A bit unsure as to why Watson or Haddin deserved bans, rather than stiff fines. (Was surprised Watson only got fined 15% - I'd have taken his whole match payment).

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hehe.

Nah, I think the appropriate reaction to Watson's behaviour is to point and laugh rather than ban. Gayle's brief glance of utter contempt was quite apt too.

Craig

World Traveller
I don't understand Travis Dowlin. The guy made two half centuries against Australia and yet he looked rather dire.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Did you actually watch any part of the series?

If you had then you'd know Benn was lucky not to be severely punished in Adelaide and that Perth was simply the straw that broke the camel's back
well, I didn't see the other incidents. So I am not aware of the history. I saw the incident in question and I think all 3 were equally culpable.. IF Benn has had prior warnings and history, then fair enough.. I take my comments back. I posted on the assumption that it was that incident alone that was the problem..