• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your countries best XI - minus Test, ODI and T20 players.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Basically the same team Id pick. Winter the most debatable but having a lefty is good. Its kinda sad that Jake Lehmann deserves to miss out. I never really rated him, but there was a time where he was creating some buzz.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
OK, No. 9 goes to Dayananda Sahabandu, who was a left arm leg cutters bowler. And here is Sahabandu, and note the similarity to a certain fast bowler.

View attachment 24398

1. Ian Daniels
2. Gehan Mendis
3. Bhanuka Rajapakshe
4. Sajith Fernando
5. Mahadevan Sathasivam
6. CH Gunasekara
7. Nimesh Perera
9. Dayananda Sahabandu
11. TB Kehelgamuwa
Bhanuka has played T20s and ODIs, so he's off.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Updating this.

1 Josh Philippe
2 Jake Weatherald
3 Daniel Hughes
4 Matt Short
5 Jordan Silk
6 Cameron Green
7 Daniel Sams
8 Chris Green
9 Ben Manenti
10 Matthew Kelly
11 Riley Meredith

I mean Manenti is a wtf selection but I find it harder to rate another spinner unless you buy into Nairs early wickets. I did think about Wes Agar or Conway who might be options if they play and perform.
Jono Wells is a lock now. Philippe, Weatherald, Sams, Meredith remain certainties, the other 6/7 spots are up for debate IMO.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would now go:

01 J Weatherald
02 J Philippe
03 D Hughes
04 J Wells
05 B Webster
06 A Ross
07 D Sams
08 B Manenti
09 W Agar
10 R Meredith
11 L Pope

Bowling is pretty tough.
- I know Manenti cant get a game but I dont want to play Nair.
- Lalor is always in the mix, just cant quite pick him.
- I thought about Inglis at 3.
- Cam Green needs to bowl to have a chance.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don even know how many have not played any internations from the contenders India has.
Ah thats a shame. Id like to here Indias XI in T20. Just so I can look out for particular players during the IPL.

From the Aussie team above, Im not really happy with the Manenti and Wes Agar picks. There really arent many Aussie eligible bowlers who play in the BBL and havent played for Aus.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ah thats a shame. Id like to here Indias XI in T20. Just so I can look out for particular players during the IPL.

From the Aussie team above, Im not really happy with the Manenti and Wes Agar picks. There really arent many Aussie eligible bowlers who play in the BBL and havent played for Aus.

Well, its just that so many players get caps due to all the rotation and resting stuff. I am sure I can figure out the XIs for each format if I can sit for an hour, will do it when I get that time.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Pathum Nissanka
Hasitha Boyagoda (kid who scored 191 in the U19 WC vs Kenya, played few T20s)
Charith Asalanka
Bhanuka Rajapakshe
Minod Bhanuka
Lahiru Milantha (wk)
Sammu Ashan
Chamika Karunaratne
Nishan Pieris
Lasith Ambuldeniya
Nipun Ransika (only played T20s)

lots of cricketers have been handed out international caps, thanks to trhe policy of Sanath Jayasuriya who used to be the chairman of the selection committee. IIRC over 40+ players played ODIs in between 2016-2017
I picked this XI on the 8th of March 2018 and as of now, Embuldeniya is our go to spinner in Tests, bowled wonderfully in SA.

Chamika made his test debut, and both Bhanuka Rajapakshe and Minod Bhanuka have played LOIs.

Somewhat gutted that Nissanka has to wait for his chance. Lovely cricketer with plenty of potential. Hoping to see him soon at the international level.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Manenti is out of my team.

Either Cook or Bowe added. Might actually go the wizard, Liam Bowe.