• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your countries best XI - minus Test, ODI and T20 players.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adams
Root
Chopra
Hildreth
Moeen Ali
Allenby
Wallace
Masters
Davies
Richardson
Kerrigan

Interesting set of seam bowlers, not young, but they are the best of the rest, I think. Roland-Jones and Brooks possibly hard done by. Spin-wise there isn't really another viable option, I suppose Keedy could play, would make it even older though.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can include Rob Quiney in the Australian line up.

I mean yeah he was in the team, but he didn't really play, except at balls he should have left.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Adams
Root
Chopra
Hildreth
Moeen Ali
Allenby
Wallace
Masters
Davies
Richardson
Kerrigan

Interesting set of seam bowlers, not young, but they are the best of the rest, I think. Roland-Jones and Brooks possibly hard done by. Spin-wise there isn't really another viable option, I suppose Keedy could play, would make it even older though.
Azeem Rafiq has the power to create and destroy worlds.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Has Glenn Chapple retired now? A straight swap for Masters if not.

Rafique doesn't really command a position with the ball yet so it's hard to see where he'd fit in, definate promise though. I'd pick Ballance over Allenby or Moeen, depending on how useful you think the former's mediums would be.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has Glenn Chapple retired now? A straight swap for Masters if not.

Rafique doesn't really command a position with the ball yet so it's hard to see where he'd fit in, definate promise though. I'd pick Ballance over Allenby or Moeen, depending on how useful you think the former's mediums would be.
Chapple played a ODI in 2006.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Trying one with my limited knowledge on domestic;

1. Anamul Haque*
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Mominul Haque
4. Asif Ahmed
5. Shubhagoto Hom
6. Shabbir Ahmed
7. Nurul Islam Sohan+
8. Shohag Gazi (2 Test Caps)
9. Abul Hasan (1 Test Cap)
10. Taskin Ahmed
11. Kamrul Islam
What about Saqlain Sajib and Al-Amin Hossain

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
What about Saqlain Sajib and Al-Amin Hossain
yeah Saqlain Sajib is a decent shout, he has been performing in domestic; not too sure about Al-Amin though but for the complete team without Test/ ODI/ T20 caps, Saqlain for Gazi, Al-Amin for Abul and Marshall Ayub for Shuvagata Hom can be the replacements.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Adams
Root
Chopra
Hildreth
Moeen Ali
Allenby
Wallace
Masters
Davies
Richardson
Kerrigan

Kirby, maybe? Another not in the first flush of youth, but appreciably quicker than those in your XI.

Not sure if he's qualified yet, but think I'd be finding room for Sam Robson too.

Blain

U19 Captain
Brodie
Rutherford
Carl Cachopa
Murdoch
Munro
Wells
de Boorder
Martin
McCleneghan
Wheeler
Henry

Really hard to come up with the top 6. So many succesful domestic batsmen have been trialed for 1 or 2 games and then dropped over the last few years.
Changes i would make. As you say, alot of batsman tried in at least one form during the years.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kirby, maybe? Another not in the first flush of youth, but appreciably quicker than those in your XI.

Not sure if he's qualified yet, but think I'd be finding room for Sam Robson too.
Yeah, but the fact he's never fit is a problem

Will Gidman got to be deserving of a spot as well.
Yeah, between him and Allenby really, but I've always preferred Allenby.

If I was to name a side of people who are likely to play for England one day it would be something like:

Robson
Root
Bell-Drummond
Chopra
Moeen Ali
Ballance
Foakes
W.Gidman
Barker
Roland-Jones
Kerrigan

Foakes and Bell-Drummond haven't actually done much in proper cricket, but they both look promising, and with Foakes there aren't many WKs that haven't played for England.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Fine throw Small in there instead. At least he might get some tips from Bond on how to avoid crippling back injuries.

Nigel Benjamin

U19 12th Man
Sikandar Raza*
Brian Chari
Kevin Kasuza
Steven Trenchard
Ryan Burl
Ryan Butterworth
Richmond Mutumbami+
Glenn Querl
Tino Mutombodzi
Mike Chinouya