• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gilchrist v Dhoni

Whom would you pick in your team?

• Total voters

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Whom would you pick in your All Time ODI XI?

I would pick Dhoni tbh. His average has crossed 50 and will remain at that if he manages to stay not out the last 7 balls of the 2nd ODI v Australia.

Howsie

International Captain
Gilchrist. Still maintain that Dhoni pick's and chooses when to come in too often, Gilchrist on the other hand well...

JBMAC

State Captain
Whom would you pick in your All Time ODI XI?

I would pick Dhoni tbh. His average has crossed 50 and will remain at that if he manages to stay not out the last 7 balls of the 2nd ODI v Australia.
You are letting your emotions of the moment cloud your good judgement

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dhoni can rotate the ball, then strike the ball miles in the death. He has played some terrific ODI knocks as well. Gilchrist gives you 35 runs @ SR of 95. Dhoni gives you 50 runs @ SR of 90. I don't think it is clear who is superior.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's an unfair comparison IMO. Gilchrist has it all behind him, Dhoni's barely even halfway there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Dhoni can rotate the ball, then strike the ball miles in the death. He has played some terrific ODI knocks as well. Gilchrist gives you 35 runs @ SR of 95. Dhoni gives you 50 runs @ SR of 90. I don't think it is clear who is superior.
It is if you have watched them. Dhoni is still around the same age as Gilchrist when he debuted for Australia, I reckon he could be better one day. But certainly not today.

biased indian

International Coach
Today Gilchrist.....

but if dhoni maintain what he has done with bat and glove so far ...the captaincy could tilt it in his favor may be after 6-7 more years

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is if you have watched them. Dhoni is still around the same age as Gilchrist when he debuted for Australia, I reckon he could be better one day. But certainly not today.
Indeed.

That said, I'd probably open with Hayden (or someone similar) and Tendulkar in an all-time XI. So there's not really any room for Gilchrist, but there's room for Dhoni.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Interestingly, Dhoni averages 14 points more...which is far from insignificant.

I'd still go Gilchrist easily, but Dhoni has had a great start.