• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anderson throws his toys around...

Langeveldt

Soutie
So he wants a "winter clearout"...

All very well having a winter clear out, but if the players are all county rejects (weve had some shockers) then what is the point???

Here are some of the guys that deserve to be kept at Somerset, if they dont want to jump ship that is!

Trescothick
Andrew
Parsons
Gazzard
Caddick
Burns
Dutch
Francis
Bulbeck (for anna)
Gilder

The rest? Hmmmmm we will have to wait and see

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't see how Gilder deserves a place. A poor tour game and in his 1st CC game he goes for 4-0-32-0

Not impressive.

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
I can't see how Gilder deserves a place. A poor tour game and in his 1st CC game he goes for 4-0-32-0

Not impressive.
I guess any number of reasons could be for why he has been picked, the major two would probley be:

- It's only two games and Rich isn't trying to condem him just yet.

- Yes his been bad, but the rest have been worse :saint:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
I guess any number of reasons could be for why he has been picked, the major two would probley be:

- It's only two games and Rich isn't trying to condem him just yet.

- Yes his been bad, but the rest have been worse :saint:
2 unimpressive games is hardly call for him to stay though...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pretty much right, Gilder hasnt had the chance to do too much wrong really..

Ive forgotton what match it was when i saw him, he didnt take a wicket, but bowled well... He seemed quickish and accurate, nothing amazing, but what you need when you dont have a bowling attack at all...

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Originally posted by marc71178
I hear Bulbeck's contract is running out and he may not be retained.
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :O It's not his fault he's got a dodgey back. They should keep him and have faith, he's a local boy after all and has the talent to go far (if his back holds up).

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anna said:
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :O It's not his fault he's got a dodgey back. They should keep him and have faith, he's a local boy after all and has the talent to go far (if his back holds up).
It'll very much depend on how much money he asks for I expect.

Langeveldt

Soutie
But they cant keep on paying him if he isnt playing :(

Good to see Tom Webley get a debut against Durham, i know him well and used to net with him before he left school....

Bazza

International 12th Man
Is this the same Durston who has bowled 6-0-44-0 today against Hampshire in the NCL?

Full scorecard:

JRC Hamblin 20 (32) c Blackwell b McLean
SM Katich 106 (88) c Jones b Gilder
DA Kenway 35 (38) c Dutch b Jones
JP Crawley 92 (64) b McLean
JD Francis 50 (39) c Giler b Jones
AD Mascarenhas 5 (6) c Jones b McLean
LR Prittipaul 1* (1)
SD Udal 5* (3)
Extras (including penalty 6!) 21
Hampshire 335-6

McLean 9-0-51-3
Gilder 8-0-69-1
Jones 9-0-54-2
Parsons 3-0-31-0
Dutch 4-0-31-0
Blackwell 6-0-39-0
Durston 6-0-44-0

Didn't this team make the C&G Final last year? :duh:

At least McLean and Jones are earning their money! And Cox. That's it.

Rich2001

International Captain
Bazza said:
JP Crawley 92 (64) b McLean
Great effort there by Hamps, always nice to see them do well.

And Crawley 92 (64) that will disapoint his fan club that like to see him score slowly

Langeveldt

Soutie
Another dire match. Im thankful i live right next door to the CG, i wouldnt travel to see the rot they dish out every match..

But well done to Hampshire who were as good as expected..

Sat in front of the chanters, already the cries of "Burns out Burns out!" ring strong, as well as "Jamie Cox's cider army"