• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wasim loses his wife

bagapath

International Captain
DAWN.COM | Cricket | Wasim Akram's wife passes away

Very sorry for Wasim and his kids. I know some of the senior doctors in the hospital treating Huma. They are among the very best in the business. For the past few days they were not too hopeful of her surviving this. Hope Wasim finds the strength and support to take care of his young children.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Very sad news - reading Wasim's autobiography it was clear just how much he absolutely adored his wife. RIP.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Horrible news. Only 42. She was instrumental in his career and he was so in love with her, couldn't stop talking about her in interviews in the 90s. What as waste.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
RIP. Was a couple of floors above the ICU in the same hospital when the news reached us this morning.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
DAWN.COM | Cricket | Wasim Akram's wife passes away

Very sorry for Wasim and his kids. I know some of the senior doctors in the hospital treating Huma. They are among the very best in the business. For the past few days they were not too hopeful of her surviving this. Hope Wasim finds the strength and support to take care of his young children.

Which hospital was it, Bagapath? Was it Apollo? Even my mom has been there for surgery for a while now and I was there too.. :(

So sad to see this. First McGratha nd now Wasim.. is not fair that gys who love their wives so much have to go through such stuff. :(

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
RIP. Was a couple of floors above the ICU in the same hospital when the news reached us this morning.

Hmmm.. me too. My mom is there in 3rd floor for surgery... Which room were u in or shall we take this to PM?

Really sad abt Wasim though.. Thought some personality was there seeing sme of the media outside but didn't know it would be so tragic. :(