• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your state/provinces all time greatest team?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Trindad & Tobago (My West Indian home):

Jeff Stollmeyer
Joey Carew
Larry Gomes
Brian Lara
Charlie Davis
Dwayne Bravo
Bernard Julien
Deryck Murray (c)+
Ian Bishop
Tony Gray
Sonny Ramadhin

12th Man: Gus Logie/Gerry Gomez

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamaica:

Chris Gayle
Easton McMorris
George Headley*
Maurice Foster
Lawrence Rowe
Jimmy Adams
Jeff Dujon+
Michael Holding
Courtney Walsh
Roy Gilchrist
Alf Valentine
Sir Frank? I know he was Barbadian born and bred but he played the majority of his FC career for Jamaica. I'd have Alan Rae in that side too ahead of McMorris, though of course it's all personal choice.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Roger Blunt
Mark Richardson
Glen Turner
Bert Sutcliffe
Ken Rutherford
Brendon McCullum (batsman only)
Warren Lees
Neil Mallender
Lance Cairns
Frank Cameron
Stephen Boock

Squad members:
Jack Alabaster
Shayne O'Connor
Brian McKechnie (man for a crazy occasion)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Roger Blunt
Mark Richardson
Glen Turner
Bert Sutcliffe
Ken Rutherford
Brendon McCullum (batsman only)
Warren Lees
Neil Mallender
Lance Cairns
Frank Cameron
Stephen Boock

Squad members:
Jack Alabaster
Shayne O'Connor
Brian McKechnie (man for a crazy occasion)
There are no rules so pick who you like but Mallendar was an overseas player. If I had've considered overseas players I would have included Graham Hick in my ND squad.
That being said Mallendar was virtually a local given how many seasons he played for Otago.

Stephen Boock was a very un-menacing spinner at test level. Good at FC level.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
There are no rules so pick who you like but Mallendar was an overseas player.
a) there are no rules hence why I picked him.
b) He was an overseas player? No ****, sherlock. He played pretty much 10 seasons, so that's good enough for me.

SeamUp

International Coach
Western Province and now the Cobras

1. Eddie Barlow (c)
2. Gary Kirsten
3. Peter Kirsten
4. Jacques Kallis
5. Herschelle Gibbs
6. JP Duminy
7. Brian Mc Millan
8. Richie Ryall (+)
9. Garth Le Roux
10. Stephen Jefferies
11. Denys Hobson

missing out: Desmond Haynes,Hylton Ackerman and HD Ackerman, Ken Mc Ewan, Paul Adams, Craig Matthews , Alan Dawson, Claude Henderson,Charl Langeveldt and Adrian Kuiper.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Trindad & Tobago (My West Indian home):

Jeff Stollmeyer
Joey Carew
Larry Gomes
Brian Lara
Charlie Davis
Dwayne Bravo
Bernard Julien
Deryck Murray (c)+
Ian Bishop
Tony Gray
Sonny Ramadhin

12th Man: Gus Logie/Gerry Gomez
I agree with that, but I have a feeling in 3/4 years time that team will change drastically as the likes of Barath and Darren Bravo play more cricket.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My NSW side, FWIW....

1. Arthur Morris
2. Victor Trumper
3. Don Bradman
4. Allan Border*
5. Steve Waugh
6. Charlie McCartney
7. Adam Gilchrist*
8. Keith Miller
9. Alan Davidson
10. Bill O'Riley/Richie Benaud
11. Glenn McGrath

Border & Gilchrist are controversial due to the fact that they didn't play much for NSW, but meh.

Keith Miller played for NSW as well as Victoria, FWIW.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To round up the AUS state sides. SOUTH AUSTRALIA:

Matthew Elliot
Joe Darling/Les Favell
Clem Hill
Ian Chappell (c)
David Hookes/Greg Blewett
Darren Lehmann
Wayne Phillips +
Jason Gillespie
Clarrie Grimmett
Ashley Mallett
Rodney Hogg/Damien Fleming/Neil Hawke/George Giffen (tough one to split here)
:lol: @ Matthew Elliott and Damien Fleming.

Top_Cat

:lol: @ Matthew Elliott and Damien Fleming.
Christ, if you're going to include Elliott, may as well drop him for Bradman considering they played a similar number of matches for SA. Would have either of Nobes, Phillips or Hilditch ahead of Elliott in terms of performance for SA in FC matches too (no offence to Matt Elliott; top player, we just got him well past his prime). While we're at it, we'll take Barry Richards too; 6 tons, 1 a double and 1 a triple, in 11 matches in a winning season. Handy.

And if you're going to potentially include Fleming, here's a few guys who played more FC matches for SA who would beat him into the side; Garner, Sobers. At least they played a whole season and, in the case of Sobers, a few......

So, the new side;

Barry Richards
Garry Sobers
Ian Chappell (c)
Don Bradman
David Hookes
Darren Lehmann
Wayne Phillips +
Jason Gillespie
Clarrie Grimmett
Ashley Mallett
Joel Garner

Muuuuuuch better. That batting line-up on the Adelaide Oval deck = slaughter.

Last edited:

Burgey

That side would never take the field. Imagine Bradman being captained by Chappell - no clashes there at all :ph34r:

Burgey

My NSW side, FWIW....

1. Arthur Morris
2. Victor Trumper
3. Don Bradman
4. Allan Border*
5. Steve Waugh
6. Charlie McCartney
7. Adam Gilchrist*
8. Keith Miller
9. Alan Davidson
10. Bill O'Riley/Richie Benaud
11. Glenn McGrath

Border & Gilchrist are controversial due to the fact that they didn't play much for NSW, but meh.

Keith Miller played for NSW as well as Victoria, FWIW.
TBF Border became a Test player (albeit in the WSC era) whilst a Bluebagger.

Top_Cat

That side would never take the field. Imagine Bradman being captained by Chappell - no clashes there at all :ph34r:
Heh, Hookesy wouldn't be much fun either. He was such a prick.

Mate of mine was playing in his first season for SA and there they were sitting in the open-air dressing room checking out the chicks. Hookesy leans over and the following convo ensues;

"Hey, check out this one walking up the stairs."
"Yeah, she's hot."
"Would you **** her?"
"Hell yeah!"
"What would you do to her?"

*very dirty conversation about what he would do to said female as she continues walking up the stairs through the member's enclosure, goes through the dressing room door, walks past said mate to Hookesy and kisses him on the cheek*

"Hey daddy."

Flem274*

123/5
Ack just realised I left Donnelly out, Jones or Fleming.......... Jones gets the boot.

Dempster
Redmond
Fleming
Crowe
Donelly
Coney
Reid *
Taylor
James (+)
Larsen
Cowie

Feels criminal to have Reid so low but this side has some immensely long batting.

Jones
Collinge
Chatfield
Twose

Waiting in the wings as well. Pretty much an all-time NZ team besides the omissions of Turner, Hadlee and Bond.
Nice, Martin Donnelly, the man who has a house at New Plymouth Boys High School for a certain reason playing for your Wellington XI. Poacher. :p

(OK, he did play for Wellington, but he played for Taranaki (now obv. part of CD) first :p)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nice, Martin Donnelly, the man who has a house at New Plymouth Boys High School for a certain reason playing for your Wellington XI. Poacher. :p

(OK, he did play for Wellington, but he played for Taranaki (now obv. part of CD) first :p)
Haha bugger off he's ours.

Athlai

Not Terrible
As are Merchant, Bell, McKay, Parlane, Ryder, Fleming...:p

Won't count Elliott because it suits my blind support of him to conveniently forget he only chose to be a kiwi two decades after his birth.
We all make mistakes.

Hurry up and make a CD XI so I can tell you how much the Wellington XI is better than it.

Canterbury may have a go at being Wellington's equal though.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Christ, if you're going to include Elliott, may as well drop him for Bradman considering they played a similar number of matches for SA. Would have either of Nobes, Phillips or Hilditch ahead of Elliott in terms of performance for SA in FC matches too (no offence to Matt Elliott; top player, we just got him well past his prime). While we're at it, we'll take Barry Richards too; 6 tons, 1 a double and 1 a triple, in 11 matches in a winning season. Handy.

And if you're going to potentially include Fleming, here's a few guys who played more FC matches for SA who would beat him into the side; Garner, Sobers. At least they played a whole season and, in the case of Sobers, a few......

So, the new side;

Barry Richards
Garry Sobers
Ian Chappell (c)
Don Bradman
David Hookes
Darren Lehmann
Wayne Phillips +
Jason Gillespie
Clarrie Grimmett
Ashley Mallett
Joel Garner

Muuuuuuch better. That batting line-up on the Adelaide Oval deck = slaughter.
Chappell or Hill. Hmmm tough choice, given the different eras.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, Hookesy wouldn't be much fun either. He was such a prick.

Mate of mine was playing in his first season for SA and there they were sitting in the open-air dressing room checking out the chicks. Hookesy leans over and the following convo ensues;

"Hey, check out this one walking up the stairs."
"Yeah, she's hot."
"Would you **** her?"
"Hell yeah!"
"What would you do to her?"

*very dirty conversation about what he would do to said female as she continues walking up the stairs through the member's enclosure, goes through the dressing room door, walks past said mate to Hookesy and kisses him on the cheek*

"Hey daddy."
:laugh: :lol: