• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's going to be the best ODI spinner in next 5 years

Who is going to be the best ODI spinner for the next 5 years?

• Total voters

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Verroti - currently the best

Mendis - had am explosive introduction, but now people finding ways to play him

Ajmal - has all the elements of a top class finger spinner

Harbhajan - on-and off performance. but when he takes wickets, he demolishes sides

Discuss.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Ajmal will be 37 in 5 years time. Not much scope for improvement (or to still be playing).

Debris

International 12th Man
I have a sneaky suspicion he is yet to play ODIs or at least is not one of the options on the list.

Sylvester

State Captain
Hard to say Mendis is the favourite but can he be worked out? If so then Mishra would definitely be the pick.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No Hauritz?
No, he should hopefully be hit out of ODI cricket before too long. :D

Reckon Vettori should still be a top-class ODI bowler in 5 years' time TBH. Barring more back trouble, which obviously is always possible.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You've met me - what part of me suggests 'athlete' to you?

On the other hand, considering I'm being considered for a 'step-and-fetch-it' bowling position and not a real cricketer, and therefore athletic ability is not a requirement, I could have a shot. With that said, it'd still be ODIs - I'd just start chucking beamers at Clarke until they banned me from the format.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
If Dhoni has the guts to select Mishra as the first spinner ahead of Bhajji, I can see him going far...