• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's Best T20 XI

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Shane WATSON
2 David WARNER
3 Brad HODGE
4 Brad HADDIN
5 Cameron WHITE
6 Michael HUSSEY
7 Moises HENRIQUES
8 Mitchell JOHNSON
9 Brett LEE
10 Nathan HAURITZ
11 Clint McKAY

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He probably should be next in line for the ODI spot although Heal had a decent season and provided some handy late order hitting for WA. But for T20s I'm of the belief that you need to perform in that form to be selected. If he performs in the Big Bash his name might get a mention but he will need to perform first.
I think Marcus North should definitely be ahead of him if we are just including spinners.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because Doherty bowls reasonably flat and quick, people think that he'll be suited to Twenty20. But often it's the guys who take the pace off the ball who do well, like Ojha, Krezja and Claude Henderson.
True. Van der Merwe's one of the best T20 spinners going though, and he bowls darts.

I can't say I've noticed any correlation really. Either can work.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Warner
Haddin
Watson
Katich (c)
M Hussey
Henriques
White
Johnson
Lee
Hauritz
Nannes
Based on how Katich played in the CL he is clearly better than Clarke in T20s (probably not a big surprise to most). Doesn't look out of place in a potential T20 squad for the WC at all.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Based on how Katich played in the CL he is clearly better than Clarke in T20s (probably not a big surprise to most). Doesn't look out of place in a potential T20 squad for the WC at all.
Nah. Justin Langer syndrome IMO; willing to bet that the guy will never play limited overs cricket for Australia again. If Hodge won't get picked, Katich doesn't stand a chance.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nah. Justin Langer syndrome IMO; willing to bet that the guy will never play limited overs cricket for Australia again. If Hodge won't get picked, Katich doesn't stand a chance.
Yea, i was saying him batting so well in CL makes Clarke continous selection & rise to the captaincy look even worse.

On Hodge although his chances of not playing for AUS are veryyyy slim, i would still hold out hope for him if he has good domestic T20 season for victoria.

inbox24

International Debutant
Nope, Hodge's international days are over. No matter how much he averages for the rest of his domestic career.

Sylvester

State Captain
Yep can't see our selectors picking Katich. Hodge is obviously no shot, if he can't get in on the form hes displayed in the past seasons well there isn't much higher he can go.

Julian87

State Captain
This is considering that Clarke is captain and Hodge is no hope...

Dave Warner
Brad Haddin
Shane Watson
Michael Clarke
Cameron White
Mike Hussey
Daniel Christian
Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Nathan Hauritz
Dirk Nannes

Doug Bollinger
James Hopes/Moises Henriques
Dave Hussey
?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why the hell does Brad Hodge have a Cricket Australia Contract if he is 'no hope'.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
This is considering that Clarke is captain and Hodge is no hope...

Dave Warner
Brad Haddin
Shane Watson
Michael Clarke
Cameron White
Mike Hussey
Daniel Christian
Mitchell Johnson
Brett Lee
Nathan Hauritz
Dirk Nannes

Doug Bollinger
James Hopes/Moises Henriques
Dave Hussey
?
I would think Henriques is a MUST pick in the squad at least, but Hopes nah. The final ? position should be Marsh.

Have not seen christian so cant comment, but i reckon the WC or upcoming T20 fixtures may be too soon for him if he really is potential talent.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Why the hell does Brad Hodge have a Cricket Australia Contract if he is 'no hope'.
Well he made some comments in recent months towards the selectors, since the last CA contracts where handed out that may have certainly hindered his chances of being picked ever again.

But as i said b4 i cant rule him totally especially with Ferguson out & no Symo anymore if he has a soild domestic T20 season for Victoria.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I would think Henriques is a MUST pick in the squad at least, but Hopes nah. The final ? position should be Marsh.

Have not seen christian so cant comment, but i reckon the WC or upcoming T20 fixtures may be too soon for him if he really is potential talent.
Well short of international class. One of the more useful domestic cricketers at the very moment, but watching him play you will understand he doesn't have the ability to play at the international level.