• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WICB retainer contract players named

Number 11

State 12th Man
Sorry no. Scum like that deserve nothing good.
He has performed adequatley as captain in a tough time for Windies cricket. Scum is really quite a harsh word and even if the WICB influenced the contract selection, Reifer has taken on a unappreciated job leading an understrength team.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He has performed adequatley as captain in a tough time for Windies cricket. Scum is really quite a harsh word and even if the WICB influenced the contract selection, Reifer has taken on a unappreciated job leading an understrength team.
Sorry but scabs aren't scum really , but him comparing himself to Frank Worrell and performing poorly but calling out other players to do better, yeah.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Devastated that the great Mohammed isn't on there, tbh. Do the West Indies selectors just not like him or do they sincerely believe that Benn is a better spinner? Strange either way...or maybe I'm just biased. :-O

shivfan

Banned
Devastated that the great Mohammed isn't on there, tbh. Do the West Indies selectors just not like him or do they sincerely believe that Benn is a better spinner? Strange either way...or maybe I'm just biased. :-O
Down the years, I've been disappointed at the treatment Mohammed has received at the hands of the WI selectors. However, in recent times, Slo-Mo has struggled to make an impact on the four-day game, and was dropped by Trinidad in the domestic season. However, that said, he remains a fixture in the shortened version of the game, and deserves to be a main pick for that side.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Down the years, I've been disappointed at the treatment Mohammed has received at the hands of the WI selectors. However, in recent times, Slo-Mo has struggled to make an impact on the four-day game, and was dropped by Trinidad in the domestic season. However, that said, he remains a fixture in the shortened version of the game, and deserves to be a main pick for that side.
Agreed, one-day and Twenty20 contract was mainly what I was thinking of to be honest, but even then that doesn't explain why Jaggernauth isn't on a contract either? He didn't exactly get a proper chance to prove himself before getting discarded, and, to me, on most surfaces, Benn has very little genuine wicket-taking threat.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He didn't struggle to make an impact. Took 10 wickets in 3 matches, at an econ of 2.49 and average of 26.5 with a 63.8 SR.
And the year before:
Code:
Player  	Mat  	Inns  	Overs  	Mdns  	Runs  	Wkts  	BBI  	BBM  	Ave  	Econ  	SR  	5  	10  	Ct  	St
D Mohammed 	6 	10 	163.0 	42 	449 	16 	3/28 	5/83 	28.06 	2.75 	61.1 	0 	0 	2 	0

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exactly what I meant. He has been captain of the West Indies in recent months and is 37 and has been given a tiny developmental contract. He should have been rewarded more substantially for the next year and in a more respectful way.
Goughy, dont really agree with this

He played test matches/odis, captained his country and probably received more financial rewards during this period than during the rest of his career

I'd say that's more than enough

Athlai

Not Terrible
He didn't struggle to make an impact. Took 10 wickets in 3 matches, at an econ of 2.49 and average of 26.5 with a 63.8 SR.
And the year before:
Code:
Player  	Mat  	Inns  	Overs  	Mdns  	Runs  	Wkts  	BBI  	BBM  	Ave  	Econ  	SR  	5  	10  	Ct  	St
D Mohammed 	6 	10 	163.0 	42 	449 	16 	3/28 	5/83 	28.06 	2.75 	61.1 	0 	0 	2 	0
The Wickets per match ratio is really poor though, less than 3 a match.

shivfan

Banned
And let's not forget, he was bowling on spin-friendly pitches, against batsmen who can't play against spin....
:cool:
Jaggernauth consistently outperformed him, and I quite agree that it's unfair on him that he didn't get mentioned in this reported list of contracts.