Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh fired

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar

Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh fired

Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh have been sacked as India's bowling and fielding coaches with immediate effect.

Source
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

Prasad and Singh definitely improved the standards of Indian bowling and fielding, and I'm very surprised they have been fired just on basis of a few bad games.

the fielding has been a let down lately imo

The fielding hasn't been good throughout Robin's tenure, and while the bowling improved a lot under Prasad initially, lately its fallen to pieces.

Yeah. Prasad might have survived in his role if Zaheer wasn't injured. Ishant just faded away in the last few months and the fielding has been pretty poor too.

This is baffling. These two were the only ones capable of generating an improvement or two in this team. Do they have proper replacements? Can they go shopping for prospects abroad? Or will they settle with mediocre domestic options? Or will they go on without anybody to fill the role? While the bowling and fielding has been a letdown lately, the fielding in particular has been significantly better than it was during the John Wright era. The (seam) bowling has been disappointing, but much of that is due to the captaincy, which doesn't help anyone but the part-time bowler.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    The bowling did deteriorate especially if you look at Ishant, Irfan Pathan and RP Singh. Pathan won them a test match in Perth and since then has lost his place. Ishant has lost his pace and swing and is about to lose his place.. However, having said all that, I am not sure if Venkatesh Prasad should be blamed for them. Ishant played too many matches and that ultimately took a toll on his fitness. He is just not running in fast enough with as much energy from what I saw of him in the Champions Trophy.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    The Test results have been fine. Can't believe people are being fired based on limited overs formats. And I love how the head coach has no say in who the specialty coaches are. Ludicrous. They needed someone to take the blame, so the little guys go.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 15-10-2009 at 08:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Yeah, often there needs to be issues for them to be sorted out in the first place, and those issues only are highlighted after bowling badly. Sometimes, you have to go through a slump to get better.

By going and getting a new bowling coach, with different ideas, then you're back at step 1 of the reconstruction process. Silly.

The casualties keep mounting- two batsmen, three all-rounders, two pace bowlers and possibly a wicketkeeper- so many talented players lost due to haphazard, thoughtless management. Now two valuable support coaches suffer. And then you wonder why they can't win a Champions' Trophy/

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    The Test results have been fine. Can't believe people are being fired based on limited overs formats. And I love how the head coach has no say in who the specialty coaches are. Ludicrous. They needed someone to take the blame, so the little guys go.
    OD cricket generates much more revenue for BCCI. It is an odd move though.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Thats the problem with south asians. Little guys get crushed in every field, not just in cricket.

look at how treat our servants for example ( thats a different topic though)

What else do you expect from the BCCI. They are a bunch of idiots.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Firing Prasad is ridiculous. Not seen much of an improvement in fielding, its always up and down with India, but the bowlers seemed sound for a while there. Poor decision.
    RIP Craigos

U19 12th Man
    Deflecting attention from the on field performances, Cowardly and classic BCCI. Over the years they have become wealthier but clearly no wiser.
    Viv Richards-One Day Cricket is like Fast Food no one wants to cook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information