• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Venkatesh Prasad and Robin Singh fired

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This is almost soley based on Ishant Sharma's decline in limited overs cricket IMO.

Stupid.
I do suspect so.

Regarding Ishant's decline in OD cricket. I believe that it is down to a biomechanical flaw which can be easily fixed, as it has only recently developed. Ishant's bowling arm seems to go 'too high' which causes him to either wrap the wrist around the ball and bowl wide and short or 'push' the ball with his fingers in to the batsman. This is causing the drop in pace and accuracy, imo. This problem has either magnified or been magnified by the loss of the wrist flick that he used to have which gave him the 'lift' that he no longer possesses.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A little-known Briton disagrees...

Very interesting story, btw, and I hope the BCCI considers his application seriously, he seems to be able to talk-the-talk. The article notes him as a 'little known Briton', but I'm sure some CWers will have heard the name before, I have heard the name before in relation to the West Indies, I believe but he has certainly coached enough teams to have some notoriety.
Not merely that, but Julien Fountain was actually interviewed on CW a year and a bit ago.

Anyway as to Prasad and Robin Singh's being axed, typical reaction to some short-term deficiency, the sort you see in all cricket boards, not just the BCCI. Any coach who has been around for a little while is always a nice easy scapegoat to deflect criticism when failures have happened.