• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gloucs v India 'A'

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I notice that Glouc's are playing Craig McMillan, Chris Harris & Shoaib Malik today...how are they able to do this? don't County rules apply for India 'A' matches?

This is a good chance for Macca & Harris to impress John Bracewell for various reasons. I guess Macca will be wanting to show he is working on his footwork & temprement & Harris will be wanting to show that he is still a worthy selection at his age.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It just shows how much contempt the counties have for the Tourists nowadays IMO.

Perhaps McMillan had a Aunt who once slept with a Frenchman, so he's claiming an EU passport?

V Reddy

International Debutant
Good victory for India A against the best county team they have faced in Eng. Good to see Salvi,Balaji,Pathan and Rayudu playing well.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tim said:
I notice that Glouc's are playing Craig McMillan, Chris Harris & Shoaib Malik today...how are they able to do this? don't County rules apply for India 'A' matches?

<snip>

They most certainly do not. The first line of the ECB regulations regarding 'overseas' players and English counties is as follows...

Subject to the overriding discretion of the ECB and subject as provided below, a Cricketer will only be qualified to play in a Competitive County Cricket match (a Qualified Cricketer) if:

and then there's a few pages of blah blah blah. The key word is 'Competitive' as in 'competition'. There are no qualification prerequisites with regard to friendlies, even if they are 'first class'.

Choora

State Regular
Considering many international side struggle against these county teams , it was a great victory by the young A team:) .

IMO Balaji was unplayable, he hardly gave any runs, Pathan, Salvi and Rayuda were also impressive!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Choora said:
Considering many international side struggle against these county teams , it was a great victory by the young A team:) .

IMO Balaji was unplayable, he hardly gave any runs, Pathan, Salvi and Rayuda were also impressive!
You guys got TV coverage of the match in India. Wow. You're lucky. We don't even get FC coverage of regional matches here.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Thats amazing, a match going on 30 miles away from my house can be seen in India, the other side of the world.. But not on TV here...

Im going to Dubai and Sharjah in october, spect they have loads and loads of cricket...

Rich2001

International Captain
Tim said:

This is a good chance for Macca & Harris to impress John Bracewell for various reasons. I guess Macca will be wanting to show he is working on his footwork & temprement & Harris will be wanting to show that he is still a worthy selection at his age.
Offical word from the club

"Gloucestershire's one-day game at the Cheltenham Festival with India A ended in a win for the tourists by 69 runs and with five wickets in hand.

The county rested half their first team and brought in New Zealand internationals Craig McMillan and Chris Harris as guest players. "

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Erm, no International side struggles against the county sides.

Certainly now the County sides don't play half their team.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Erm, no International side struggles against the county sides.

Certainly now the County sides don't play half their team.

*COUGH* *COUGH*

- I do blieve two years ago (I think) Kent destoryed Zimbabwe in a four day match, winning by a inngs and 163 runs :D

- A couple of seasons back we drew with a Pakistan side - R.Key hitting 119 in 313/5 dec (those were the days when Key scored runs :( )

- Last year Kent beat a full strenght Indian side in a 50 over One Day by 21 runs. :D

- Last year beat a West Indian 'A' side by 6 wickets

- Last year drew with Sri Lanka - after scoring 100+ more than them in the first inngs, before rain runied the match.

- And next week we will again make all these South Africans look silly as well :D - When they get to experiance the Smith & Jones show!

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Jacques Rudolph said:
Im going to Dubai and Sharjah in october, spect they have loads and loads of cricket...
I don't think you will see that much cricket there. The main cricket broadcasters in India are ESPN and Star Sports and i think they both acquired rights for Cricket to be shown in India only as cricket is not that popular in Dubai. Ten Sports (owned by the same person who runs cricket in Sharjah ) is fast catching up and it is the only channel which i think shows live cricket in Dubai. There may be other channels but i don't think they will be showing live cricket in Dubai. TEN SPORTS has rights for India's matches against NZ and AUS which are going to take place around the same time you are going to visit Dubai, to be broadcast in that area.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
And next week we will again make all these South Africans look silly as well :D - When they get to experiance the Smith & Jones show!
Alas I don't think they'll both play...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking for a batsman who can bowl? Ian Bell: 75 and 4-12 :O :O :O :O

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
Except he's shown bowling ability before...
Just referring to the mating call of the lesser-spotted Dermot (Ursa Boringus Trundlum) - "Bell".

Seriously, he's worth a go.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
Just referring to the mating call of the lesser-spotted Dermot (Ursa Boringus Trundlum) - "Bell".

Seriously, he's worth a go.
Ahhhhh ok :)

Yeah I can't see why not, seems a talented player in every respect.