• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh

cricman

International 12th Man
This Zimbabwe Squad is much better than the ones in past years, they're a bit clueless vs Spin but are Accomplished players of Pace, I remember the took a game from the 1st Team Windies Side and thwy should have beaten Sri Lanka 3-2 (Murali/Spin again)

If they can handle 10 overs of Botha, I think they'll do very well in South Africa, batting wise

Athlai

Not Terrible
Holy ****. Zimbabwe bowled out for 44.

I love how Shakib has put pressure on his batsman when he thinks they should be able to man up. Doesn't come in and save them until he really HAS to trying to make them learn to do it themselves. Unfortunately only Tamim seems to be doing anything with the bat besides him (and to a lesser extent Raqibul).

They should be quite disappointed that 4 wickets fell for all of 5 runs though. After Tamim went they just fell apart.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Sounds like a lethal track though. Shakib's comments after the game suggest he wasn't as happy with his side throwing away wickets towards the end than he was the other day.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Yep...and they still lost 4 wickets to score 45 runs....a 6 wicket win chasing 44...truly a thrashing eh?
Wasn't it you who was talking a while ago about a "win being a win" and that "pushing a team" close doesn't count as much and that only wins show any real improvement? If not, then I'm sorry :)!

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Yeah I agree, they should have bowled out zimb in 12 runs, then win it in 2 balls keeping all 10 wickets to be considered a thrashing win.

Yep...and they still lost 4 wickets to score 45 runs....a 6 wicket win chasing 44...truly a thrashing eh?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Bangladeshi spinners destroying Zimbabwe again, hope someone besides Tamim and Shakib step up with the bat for them though.

Siddique really needs some runs on the board, and Ashraful besides his 50 has been dire.

Aritro

International Regular
Taylor finishes with 118* off 125 to lift the score to 221. Brilliant knock.

I'll be delighted if Bangladesh wins this. Knocking off these runs in a dead rubber is something I would see as a sign of increased professionalism and toughness.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor finishes with 118* off 125 to lift the score to 221. Brilliant knock.

I'll be delighted if Bangladesh wins this. Knocking off these runs in a dead rubber is something I would see as a sign of increased professionalism and toughness.
Wouldn't be surprised if Shakib doesn't bat himself in the top 6-7 in this game, he will leave it up to the rest of the boys to take this one. Tamim will be wanting to be there at the end of this.

Aritro

International Regular
Tamim trudges off the ground retired hurt with some sort of wrist injury.

Looks like Shakib will have to contribute 160-170 to the total today

Aritro

International Regular
Mere minutes after nearly getting himself caught with a bizzare hoick, Ashraful departs after attempting a quick single off a ball that went straight to the man at short midwicket.

It's got to the stage where I'm actually not fussed any more.