Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 877

Thread: **Official** New Zealand v Pakistan in UAE

  1. #196
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Uh because Franklin ruled the domestic scene?
    State Championship: 631 @ 157.75 (10 W @ 25.40)
    State Shield: 306 @ 51 (Economy 4.6)
    State T20: 209 @ 69.66 (Economy 7.84)

    But maybe you missed that somewhere between him dropping his shoulders and completely changing his batting game.
    Yep sorry, you're right. Pitty he's never fulfilled his potential and enjoys dining out on a diet of average NZ players.

    Full credit to him though.

  2. #197
    International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo23 View Post
    Really? I saw him in the background multiple times.
    Well tbh I was hardly watching the thing, I really only took notice when they were announcing the winners.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

  3. #198
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Yep sorry, you're right. Pitty he's never fulfilled his potential and enjoys dining out on a diet of average NZ players.

    Full credit to him though.
    Also continued that form in the English domestic scene.
    Playing for Gloucs

    FC: 904 @ 50.22 (31W @ 29)
    List A: 447 @ 40.63 SR 90 (13W @ 28.8)

    In this last year he pretty much doubled his FC and List A runs from his previous almost ten year career.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  4. #199
    U19 Vice-Captain Edged&Taken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    587
    Pakistan squads have been named. Misbah axed from all 3 formats.

    Tests: Salman Butt, Khurrum Manzoor, Imran Farhat, Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Danish Kaneria, Saeed Ajmal, Yasir Arafat, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, Abdur Rauf, Umar Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmad

    One-dayers: Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Khalid Latif, Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Shahid Afridi, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Wahab Riaz

    Twenty20: Khalid Latif, Imran Nazir, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi (capt), Kamran Akmal (wk), Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Saeed Ajmal, Imran Farhat, Fawad Alam, Sohail Tanvir


  5. #200
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    So why is Fawad alam dropped from ODI?

  6. #201
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Also continued that form in the English domestic scene.
    Playing for Gloucs

    FC: 904 @ 50.22 (31W @ 29)
    List A: 447 @ 40.63 SR 90 (13W @ 28.8)

    In this last year he pretty much doubled his FC and List A runs from his previous almost ten year career.
    Well you've provided clear evidence of his mediocrity to date. Let's hope he can follow this up. One season does not make up for 10 poor ones.

  7. #202
    Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Madhouse on Madison
    Posts
    14,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Edged&Taken View Post
    Pakistan squads have been named. Misbah axed from all 3 formats.

    Tests: Salman Butt, Khurrum Manzoor, Imran Farhat, Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Danish Kaneria, Saeed Ajmal, Yasir Arafat, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, Abdur Rauf, Umar Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmad

    One-dayers: Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Khalid Latif, Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Shahid Afridi, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Wahab Riaz

    Twenty20: Khalid Latif, Imran Nazir, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi (capt), Kamran Akmal (wk), Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Saeed Ajmal, Imran Farhat, Fawad Alam, Sohail Tanvir
    This is a bit harsh on Misbah when you see Faisal Iqbal is in the squad. Also not too happy with Salman Butt and Sohail Tanvir's inclusion.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 22-10-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    RIP Craigos

  8. #203
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Well you've provided clear evidence of his mediocrity to date. Let's hope he can follow this up. One season does not make up for 10 poor ones.
    This is all post his injury so it looks like he lost most of his bowling and vastly improved his batting.

  9. #204
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    This is all post his injury so it looks like he lost most of his bowling and vastly improved his batting.
    Was he injured his entire career bar this last season?

  10. #205
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
    Was he injured his entire career bar this last season?
    No he was a bowler.

  11. #206
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The great state of New South Wales
    Posts
    43,308
    Franklin took 76 Test wickets @ 28 before his injury as well. The fact that he's always been poor in one day cricket combined with the fact that he's not the bowler now he once was seems to make people forget what an effective Test bowler he was for those few years.
    ~ Cribbage

  12. #207
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Edged&Taken View Post
    Pakistan squads have been named. Misbah axed from all 3 formats.

    Tests: Salman Butt, Khurrum Manzoor, Imran Farhat, Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Fawad Alam, Faisal Iqbal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Danish Kaneria, Saeed Ajmal, Yasir Arafat, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, Abdur Rauf, Umar Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmad

    One-dayers: Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Khalid Latif, Younis Khan (capt), Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal (wk), Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Shahid Afridi, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Wahab Riaz

    Twenty20: Khalid Latif, Imran Nazir, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi (capt), Kamran Akmal (wk), Abdul Razzaq, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Umar Gul, Mohammad Aamer, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Saeed Ajmal, Imran Farhat, Fawad Alam, Sohail Tanvir
    How many are actually going to tour. Seems like 18 players is too many to carry in a squad for test matches? we took I think 15 to SL

    I think the test selectors are showing faith in Salman Butt his average is only 28 but his FC average is 41 so he has to come good. plus he is only 25.

  13. #208
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,209
    This article says Southee has worked a lot on his fitness in the off-season and also stopped himself falling away in the delivery stride to get his outswinger back. Sounds positive anyway - I can only think he must be bowling a lot better in front of the selectors to be picked ahead of O'Brien for the ODIs.

  14. #209
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,663
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    This article says Southee has worked a lot on his fitness in the off-season and also stopped himself falling away in the delivery stride to get his outswinger back. Sounds positive anyway - I can only think he must be bowling a lot better in front of the selectors to be picked ahead of O'Brien for the ODIs.
    His intelligence and speed is what he needs to work on. I thought his swing was fine last time I saw him play.

    I have memories of him bowling to mike hussey and every time he swung it into Mike hussey - hussey smiled and worked through midwicket for two.

    The other article on that site said that they were thinking of bringing bond back for tests. Maybe we should just play him as an ODI specialist so that he won't break down on us.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 25-10-2009 at 12:11 AM.

  15. #210
    International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    l
    Posts
    6,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    His intelligence and speed is what he needs to work on. I thought his swing was fine last time I saw him play.

    I have memories of him bowling to mike hussey and every time he swung it into Mike hussey - hussey smiled and worked through midwicket for two.

    The other article on that site said that they were thinking of bringing bond back for tests. Maybe we should just play him as an ODI specialist so that he won't break down on us.
    You're right - as we all know he's a one trick pony at the moment.

    But speed is partly fitness and it's good that it sounds like he's been working on that a lot.

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wisden's Cricketers of the Century
    By Ford_GTHO351 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1032
    Last Post: 17-10-2010, 10:26 AM
  2. *Official* Pakistan in CWLand
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum Cricket Web XI
    Replies: 375
    Last Post: 21-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •