• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best current U-30 batsman

Best U-30 batsman cyrrently

• Total voters

irfan

State Captain
The title says it all.
'Currently' it's got to be Gambhir although Ab DeV and Clarke are right on his hammer. Clarke has improved hugely but I seem to recall far more letoffs in his tons than everyone else.

KP has been hampered with injury recently and Duminy has been extremely impressive in his brief foray into intl cricket

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think it's a matter of record that I'm not his greatest fan, but Fat Gray should probably be in the shake up too.

Anyway, fitness notwithstanding, it's Pietersen IMHO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Between Pietersen and Clarke for me. A few months ago I'd have snorted at the suggestion of Clarke being up there with Pietersen, but it's pretty close (Clarke has a better average at the minute I believe). That's restricting it just to Tests of course.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Between Pietersen and Clarke for me. A few months ago I'd have snorted at the suggestion of Clarke being up there with Pietersen, but it's pretty close (Clarke has a better average at the minute I believe). That's restricting it just to Tests of course.
Pietersen slightly above Clarke atm (49.96 vs. 49.35).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ahead of Clarke talent wise as well IMO. Too bad he can't translate the talent into performances.

akilana

International 12th Man
Graeme Smith is almost the same age as Ghambir and has achieved so much in cricket and is an in form batsman. I don't know why you did not include his name.

Smith>KP>AB=Clark>Ghambir>Duminy

By the end of their careers I'd expect AB to be the best

ozone

First Class Debutant
Which one is in the best form? Probably Gambir or Clarke, although I agree Smith is unlucky not to be included here. But as for which one you would least like to see playing for the opposition, would surely have to be KP currently. Duminy is a quality cricketer, but has still only hit one international hundred, so placing him here is a bit OTT.

Have to say though, I reckon AB is capable of having a much better career in the long term than any of them.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Threw a pity vote in there for JP Duminy. I think he's a really good long term prospect for SA. Has a wonderful temperament too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sehwag is just 30, so he's out of contention otherwise he'd be there. I'd say Graeme Smith.

On form, it'd be Gambhir though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Graeme Smith, Michael Clarke and Gautam Gambhir are perhaps the 3 best batsmen now under 30...if I had to pick one..I would probably go with Clarke