• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India - ODIs

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play this series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket

Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1255428010​

1st ODI: India v Australia at Vadodara, Oct 25

2nd ODI: India v Australia at Nagpur, Oct 28

3rd ODI: India v Australia at Delhi, Oct 31

4th ODI: India v Australia at Mohali, Nov 2

5th ODI: India v Australia at Hyderabad (Decc), Nov 5

6th ODI: India v Australia at Guwahati, Nov 8

7th ODI: India v Australia at Mumbai, Nov 11

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha curse you, beat me to the merging. It would have been my first :(

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
If Australia win in India with a side missing so many of its experienced players through injury, it will be quite some achievement.

Johnners

Haha curse you, beat me to the merging. It would have been my first :(
You can have the next one, promise :p

Thought you'd be suitably impressed Inbox. It'll be interesting to see if he or Voges gets first crack at Fergusons spot.

andyc

Looking at the squad in greater detail now, I really do think they're a batsman short, especially given they've basically got three opening batsman with Paine, Watson and Marsh. Someone like Bollinger should've sat out for another bat IMO. At least this means Voges should actually get a game - poor bloke always seems to be part of or near squads but never gets a game.

Johnners

Reckon Paine will move down the order if he, Marsh and Watson all play in the same team. Would prefer if Voges slotted straight into the 6 spot though now that I think about it. Paine/Watson are both in reasonably good form, and given both are certainties to be in the team, there's no point messing up the opening combination when Voges is a better ODI batsmen than Marsh imo

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Has there been any info about Michael Clarke's back? It doesn't seem good that it's gone on so long.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Just on a side-note, I was reading the other day that the BCCI will make more money from each match in this series than they will do from the whole of the world cup! You can see why it's seven matches long.

social

Just on a side-note, I was reading the other day that the BCCI will make more money from each match in this series than they will do from the whole of the world cup! You can see why it's seven matches long.
Only possible reason for the series being played IMO

Aussies have basically been playing for the last 12 months already and we're about to enter another home summer

Should really have sent a B side and let the senior players have a bit of a rest

andyc

Marsh being back means the team has a better balance to it, less of Tim Paine opening hopefully?
Don't see any issue at all with Paine opening, especially given that it's where he bats when he plays for Tasmania. He's in good form and has formed a good partnership with Watson at the top of the order. He's not done amazingly, but he's certainly exceeded my expectations. I'm not sure if anyone can really say that Marsh would do a better job. As someone else mentioned, I'd rather see the top order stay the same and Voges play instead.

analyst

U19 12th Man
Don't see any issue at all with Paine opening, especially given that it's where he bats when he plays for Tasmania. He's in good form and has formed a good partnership with Watson at the top of the order. He's not done amazingly, but he's certainly exceeded my expectations. I'm not sure if anyone can really say that Marsh would do a better job. As someone else mentioned, I'd rather see the top order stay the same and Voges play instead.
Well I think Paine has limitations and I also think given that he was only a temporary replacement for Haddin, it makes more sense to play Marsh rather than play Paine, unless Paine is being looked at as a permanent fixture in the shorter format.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Logic being: We just had a fantastic display of everything that is good about ODI cricket.... how can we ruin it?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia only played a best of 7 series against India in India in 2007 didn't they?

Way too soon.

I'll still watch though lol :D