• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India - ODIs

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia have a shocking batting order. One of Watson/Ponting/Hussey basically has to make a hundred or they're screwed.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As has been said, really not worried about our performance this series with so many players out. But it is definately a good opportunity for some of the reserves to stand up.

Just wish we'd pick better players than Henriques, Hilfenhaus, Manou, etc.

EDIT: And although Australia's batting was terrible, that was terrific by India's bowlers and fielders. They want this and it's showing.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Come on Australia.

I really don't want India to win this series. All the India fans I know personally are so irritating when they win, they'll spend the next age going on and on about how India are the best team in the world.
India are the best side in the world nevertheless. :ph34r:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As has been said, really not worried about our performance this series with so many players out. But it is definately a good opportunity for some of the reserves to stand up.

Just wish we'd pick better players than Henriques, Hilfenhaus, Manou, etc.

EDIT: And although Australia's batting was terrible, that was terrific by India's bowlers and fielders. They want this and it's showing.
Yeah, feel the same.

I don't think Henriques will be in the picture for the 2011 World Cup. Guys like Marsh should be persevered with because he should be in the picture for that time frame. Really do think that McDonald should have been preferred, provides a better option with the ball and bat, and has the ability to take the pace off the ball like Hopes does.

I don't really think they did too much wrong with Manou, who else was there to be picked? Hartley had been opening the batting for a week in domestic cricket when they had to send someone over, and Manou is contracted. It had to be him.

The other positive about Hilfenhaus playing is that it is starting to be realised that he's just not quite up to it in ODI cricket. Maybe this series was required for them to cast him aside for a while in this version of the game.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I don't think India has this in the bag as yet. 250 is a decent score unless Aus bowl like ****.
If they get Dhoni and/or Yuvraj out early, India won't make it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't think India has this in the bag as yet. 250 is a decent score unless Aus bowl like ****.
If they get Dhoni and/or Yuvraj out early, India won't make it.
They have to get Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Tendulkar early to be in a position from where they can control the game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Never understood why Mitch bowls those half volleys outside off to Sehwag.

It may work with other batsman, but he'll go over the top 9 times out of 10.

inbox24

International Debutant
Time to bring in the Victorians and the NSWelshmen.

Hodge
Watson
Ponting
Hussey
Hussey
White
Wade
Johnson
Hauritz
Nannes
McKay

Wouldn't mind if Hughes, Warner or Katich were tried at the top either, that way you can have Hodge in the middle.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I don't think Henriques will be in the picture for the 2011 World Cup. Guys like Marsh should be persevered with because he should be in the picture for that time frame. Really do think that McDonald should have been preferred, provides a better option with the ball and bat, and has the ability to take the pace off the ball like Hopes does.

The other positive about Hilfenhaus playing is that it is starting to be realised that he's just not quite up to it in ODI cricket. Maybe this series was required for them to cast him aside for a while in this version of the game.
Agree with this totally.

Regardless of whether Hartley had been opening or not, I thought it should've been him, if he opened the batting or not. In ODI Cricket, your wicket-keeper needs to be a decent batsman.

inbox24

International Debutant
Hartley will never be ready to open for any nation bar Bangladesh. Form is temporary.

No surprises really, the faith that the selectors have shown in these young quicks is badly misplaced. If we discard Lee and Clark for this summer, Australia will be in for a world of pain.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, Johnson, stump-to-stump? No? Okay. :(

Feel that the best bowlers on these pitches would be the taller seamers, those that hit a length. Any skiddier, flatter bowlers just get punished.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
They have to get Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Tendulkar early to be in a position from where they can control the game.
Tendulkar has been pretty mediocre this series as yet. If they manage to get Sehwag, Yuvi and Dhoni under 120-150, it may be tough for India.