• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India - ODIs

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lately, he's actually bowled very well in One Dayers, taking wickets and keeping the runs down. Hopefully he can back me up this weekend. :)

EDIT: This is the last match he's played. I feel that Holland is a bit too one-dimensional, and that by being a bit more defensive, he piles the pressure back on himself.

Krejza is actually a fantastic 20/20 bowler aswell ftr.
Yeah Krejza's been good in LO cricket recently but I guessing the selectors look at this as a decent opportunity to blood Holland in what is shaping up to be one of the most meaningless, only-for-the-$$ series' we've seen in some time.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Blood Krejza instead of the guy with a List-A average of 60. :(

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Too much blood-letting in the Perth Test. Bit of a scapegoat for that loss, I reckon.
Nothing's changed selector-wise mind, so expect Holland to be dropped after a few matches and never chosen again.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Too much blood-letting in the Perth Test. Bit of a scapegoat for that loss, I reckon.
He certainly was, he really shouldn't have played that test, given that Watson got injured before that test. Another one of many blunders that selectors have made.

Top_Cat

He certainly was, he really shouldn't have played that test, given that Watson got injured before that test. Another one of many blunders that selectors have made.
Haha, what? The guy took 12 poles in the Test a few weeks beforehand. No way was he not going to play.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, what? The guy took 12 poles in the Test a few weeks beforehand. No way was he not going to play.
It was quite the odd performance though. He did give away more than a triple century in runs. Not saying he shouldn't have another chance, but it was an unusual match for him.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
He was injured after that Nagpur test. It was always going to be dumb idea to pick Krejza as part of a 4-man attack regardless of the fact that he took 12 wickets, he wasn't exactly accurate in that test anyway. As i said the only way Krejza should have been a definate pick vs SA was if Watson was fit.

Different conditions dictated a different team. Since the home summer vs NZ, AUS should have been playing 4 seamers. They lost that home series vs SA because of dumb bowling selections in the first two tests.

Uppercut

But Krejza will definitely go for a lot of runs. I don't think you want that type of spinner in an ODI.
Nah, accuracy's strangely less relevant for a spinner in ODIs. Look at how many full tosses and half-trackers Johann Botha bowls, it's shocking, but there's about 2343254534 men on the boundary, so they only ever go for one. Krejza's a tricky one so I'm inclined to trust his recent ODI form.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, accuracy's strangely less relevant for a spinner in ODIs. Look at how many full tosses and half-trackers Johann Botha bowls, it's shocking, but there's about 2343254534 men on the boundary, so they only ever go for one. Krejza's a tricky one so I'm inclined to trust his recent ODI form.
Krejza's accuracy's definitely a little below par, but what has made him so hittable at times throughout his career has been his lack of variation - particularly in variation of pace. Krejza's seriously probably about as accurate as Botha (in terms of line at least - Botha definitely bowls a more consistent length IMO) but where Botha finds it easier to stem the flow of runs is all his variations - Krejza in the past has just repeatedly tried to bowl big flighted off breaks that turn through the gate ball after ball. He became a liability whenever the batsman lined him up even if he was landing them where he wanted to.

I do know he's been working on this part of his game though and he's had good results in limited overs cricket of late. I've always been a huge fan of him so I may be biased, but even though I personally don't think he should be playing ODIs at the moment, I'd certainly back him to be more effective than Holland, especially if he got something that turned a bit.

Uppercut

Krejza's accuracy's definitely a little below par, but what has made him so hittable at times throughout his career has been his lack of variation - particularly in variation of pace. Krejza's seriously probably about as accurate as Botha (in terms of line at least - Botha definitely bowls a more consistent length IMO) but where Botha finds it easier to stem the flow of runs is all his variations - Krejza in the past has just repeatedly tried to bowl big flighted off breaks that turn through the gate ball after ball. He became a liability whenever the batsman lined him up even if he was landing them where he wanted to.
Tbh, I've never seen him bowl in a LO game. I wouldn't know if he had the variation or not- if he's doing well I'd have guessed he probably had some, but he's not going to use it in tests.

I was just making the point that inaccurate bowlers often aren't the ones that go the distance in ODIs, which is a little counter-intuitive. Botha's control of length can be pretty shocking at times, itbt.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think I contradicted myself about 20 times in that post. I don't even really remember what point I was trying to make anymore.

Sylvester

State Captain
Krejza wasn't as bad as his figures show in India. Sehwag was taking him on at every turn even hitting some of his good balls away. When he played in Perth it was his lack of variation that made him easy for the SA batters. He was just spinning into the pads of Kallis who took a step to the right to enhance that even more.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As EWS has said, he's always been a bit one-paced. But I feel that lately he's been a lot better.

Top_Cat

From what I saw in Adelaide in the 4-day game, was definitely varying his pace more. Slipped back into the 'bowl through the gate' line occasionally but once Mass got out to Butterworth, Krejza really worked Klinger over, trying to get him caught at short leg. Managed to get the edge a couple of times but they went a bit wide of the fielders.

Then.......he bowled Klinger through the gate. haha

Anyway, point is that he seems to be evolving a bit. His career resembling Mo Matthews' a bit at this rate.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have a feeling that Nehra and Ishant will go for 6 runs per over against Australia. Praveen Kumar seems like the only economical option that India has.
agree... I fear a drubbing... Aussie bowling attack is so much better than ours that it isn't funny.. And I am still sceptical of guys like Yuvi and Sehwag turning it on so soon after an injury. Expect everyone apart from Sachin to have a torrid time in this series for India, tbh.. :(