• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India - ODIs

masterblaster

International Captain
Reckon Paine's done enough in the ODI team to be next in line for Tests, personally. I wasn't really expecting him to do that well, but kudos to the selectors, he's been pretty solid at the top of the order.
I don't really think Haddin is the right choice in ODI's in terms of the future anyway. They might continue with Haddin for tests and keep Paine in ODI's, which would be the right way to go.

If Haddin is in poor form and if Paine keeps up his good work, I think Paine would logically fit into the Australian test team. But to have a solid opening batsman who is also a wicket keeper is a real asset to have in the ODI side.

masterblaster

International Captain
India's fielding is so crap....

Good time for a wicket.
With pretty ordinary bowling and fielding, I honestly don't know how we are ranked so highly. I think it's been Dhoni's reliability and Sachin's brilliance that has won us games, because there are plenty of weak links in this Indian side.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't really think Haddin is the right choice in ODI's in terms of the future anyway. They might continue with Haddin for tests and keep Paine in ODI's, which would be the right way to go.

If Haddin is in poor form and if Paine keeps up his good work, I think Paine would logically fit into the Australian test team. But to have a solid opening batsman who is also a wicket keeper is a real asset to have in the ODI side.
I think Haddin's safe in the side atm. Once Haddin's back to full health, it'll be just like when Haddin played for an injured Gilchrist, just a straight swap back in. But Haddin will know there's a bit of pressure for his spot at least, should keep him on his toes.

That's all for ODIs btw, Haddin's far away the best Test keeper we've got, but I imagine Paine will have leapfrogged Manou into second place after these performances.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I think Haddin's safe in the side atm. Once Haddin's back to full health, it'll be just like when Haddin played for an injured Gilchrist, just a straight swap back in. But Haddin will know there's a bit of pressure for his spot at least, should keep him on his toes.

That's all for ODIs btw, Haddin's far away the best Test keeper we've got, but I imagine Paine will have leapfrogged Manou into second place after these performances.
Yea Haddin is dead same in all formats. Plus when Haddin returns, Watson's partner at the top in ODIs should be either Marsh/Hughes/Warner - since Haddin should bat @ 7 IMO.

Johnners

:( Ricky

Awesome platform for the lower order though, hopefully they can make use of it. Stoked that Voges is in the lineup, but i'd have preferred Marsh got a run ahead of Hopes.

Johnners

Bloke has been shafted despite being awesomely consistent in List A cricket for WA in numerous different roles, whilst Dud Hussey, White and Hopes (When Watson has been fit) get the last lower-middle order spot ahead of him.

stephen

Agreed.

However I think that Australia really is spoiled for choice with wicket keepers at the moment. Hartley is still the best pure keeper in the country and has had a really good season so far, on the back of a really good finish to last season. Could easily be picked for the national side if he was in most other countries (India obviously excluded).

R_D

International Debutant
With pretty ordinary bowling and fielding, I honestly don't know how we are ranked so highly. I think it's been Dhoni's reliability and Sachin's brilliance that has won us games, because there are plenty of weak links in this Indian side.
Yeah the batting's been solid for long time now... Most of the time when India bat first they put up such big enough total that.. its hard for India's bowlers to screw up in such situations :p

Not just Sachin and Dhoni thouYuvi's been great in ODI and lately Raina's been playing well as well. Of course Gambhir and Sehwag.. When fully fit probably the best ODI batting lineup.

social

Reasonable innings and no more from White

Played ok but got out just when he should've been taking advantage of all the time that he'd soaked up

Hussey and others are obviously far better players at this stage and should be batting ahead of him but it's an investment in the future I guess

social

Unfortunately Voges does nothing to change ny opinion of him - the guy is a glorified slogger with a dodgy technique that shouldnt be anywhere near the Oz Team

It's a disgrace that politics has led to his selection in front of a guy like Hodge who is about 10 classes above him

inbox24

International Debutant
Unfortunately Voges does nothing to change ny opinion of him - the guy is a glorified slogger with a dodgy technique that shouldnt be anywhere near the Oz Team

It's a disgrace that politics has led to his selection in front of a guy like Hodge who is about 10 classes above him
AWTA Dave Hussey even.

Briony

International Debutant

Voges is nothing special and put his wedding before representing his country. Say no more.