• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW is the 13th best cricket website in the world

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW >>>> 13th. Must be a glitch in the rankings computer, like when Greg Norman didn't win jack for two years but was still no. 1.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not quite sure how CricketWorlds forum rates a mention as "popular" and this one doesn't at all. Especialyl when it is significantly inferior to CricketWeb in terms of both the number of members it has, and the depth of cricketing knowledge those members possess.

archie mac

International Coach
Not quite sure how CricketWorlds forum rates a mention as "popular" and this one doesn't at all. Especialyl when it is significantly inferior to CricketWeb in terms of both the number of members it has, and the depth of cricketing knowledge those members possess.
Yes, although this fellow seems to like Blogs

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
As a moderator, must admit that I'm pretty proud of the little amount of fanboy-ism that takes place on these forums, mostly considered thoughtful posting.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We quite clearly are, but rankings are often ranked incorrectly. No massive surprise.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
i dont know about the website but this has to be the biggest and best forum for cricket, i haven't seen any thing like it on the net

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That did make me wonder actually - I'm not sure the claimant is making the claim that these are ranked #1 to #20. There is nothing anywhere where he suggests one being better than the other - least of all the apparently ground-breaking revelation that there's something > CricInfo. I'd have thought if (s)he really was making that claim, then there'd be some sort of justification for the #1 being #1.

If so obviously there's nothing being implicitly suggested as "above" CW.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cricketweb is easily one of the top 5 websites in the world because of the forum it possesses. I am happy the book review section gets a mention because they do a tremendous job week in and week out.

Regarding the forum - there are two other forums which possess a fair quality of members - cricketfansfourm and The Victor Trumper Cricket Board. Then there are forums which possess a larger quantity of members like The Indian Fans Forum and Planet Cricket. However, a combination of the two - quality and quantity - makes cricketweb the best forum on the net.

The moderation is excellent. Earlier, we used to warn people over merely abusing and personal insults were not taken into accord. I suggested Ad Hominem and now, even though abuses are looked down upon, there is a far greater vigilance over personal insults which is the way it should be in my opinion.

The Fantasy Cricket is also the best on the net.

Coming to the features - we have a good quality but not one of the best. This is one area we can certainly improve in and I have seen vast improvement compared to six months ago. We see far more interesting features now and I am sure we are going in the right direction.

The Telegraph has mentioned blogs like Will Luke's Corridor among the top 20 cricket websites but I fail to see how most blogs can be as indepth as a complete site or a forum which is far more comprehensive in coverage (provided the quality is good). Some times, blogs are indeed great sites like say Instapundit but it is more of an exception than a rule.

The problem with cricketweb is that, as The Telegraph mentioned, it is unheralded, but with time, I am sure we will gain more popularity, recognition and value as a site.

Last edited: