• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* UK off-season 2009/10

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Privatisation strikes cricket now! Mrs Thatcher, hope you're happy! John Major, I have a feeling that you are not.

stumpski

International Captain
Since posting that I've been reminded that Vauxhall station (about 500m from the ground) will still be open - it'll be a bit of a heave for the internationals though. I reckon 90% of spectators use the tube station - you see them pouring out on big-match days.

Major will, I imagine, be chauffeur-driven to the ground anyway.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vauxhall station is about a half an hour train ride for me, went to watch Surrey v Hants there a couple of seasons ago but think I will make the trip a little more regularly this summer, am not going to be able to afford the test though, unless it goes to a 5th day or they are just much cheaper than Lords. (or my Dad wants to go)

Think I will go to the Bangladesh and Australia v Pakistan test's at Lords though as think they are going to be cheaper.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Since posting that I've been reminded that Vauxhall station (about 500m from the ground) will still be open - it'll be a bit of a heave for the internationals though. I reckon 90% of spectators use the tube station - you see them pouring out on big-match days.

Major will, I imagine, be chauffeur-driven to the ground anyway.
Vauxhall (overground and victoria line) beats the hell out of the misery that is the northern line any day. Shouldn't be a problem.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well du Plessis won't play for Lancs this year and neither will Kemp for Kent. Be interesting to see if there are further visa complications.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
More important was the news today that the planning application for the rest of the redevelopment was approved by Trafford Council. Just need the government to keep their distance.

Pothas

I know, 9th of April I think it is.

Looking forward to this one, Durham massive favourites again of course but think we will make the top 3, some new faces to look out for and a hoping for some progress from our younger players.

Jarquis

Haha, I deleted my last post because when I searched for Durham vs MCC it came up with April 9th which is the date it started last year, coincidentally the date Pothas said the season started so I assumed I was wrong. Turns out I was right, the MCC curtain raiser does indeed start in March.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Re-opened. No reason to close this thread.

Apologies for the inconvenience all.

Last edited: