• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where To From Here?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Where To From Here?
Much has been made over the past 12 months about Australia's return to the field in the longer form of the game. Occasional criticism has rightly been raised of Ricky Ponting's captaincy and of a batting line up more prone to collapse than was the case with those of the immediate past. But are these really the burning problems in Australia's Test line up?
by Cameron Burge

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great article Burgey. Agree that we'll just have to be patient, with a bowling line up full of new guys inconsistency will be a part of our game for a little while at least. While it's frustrating to watch, especially when we lose to teams we think we should have beaten, we just have to deal with it.

I fully expect to be going to Inbox's funeral (it'll be a blood pressure-related death) in the next year or two. :sleep:

jondavluc

State Regular
Great article Burgey. Agree that we'll just have to be patient, with a bowling line up full of new guys inconsistency will be a part of our game for a little while at least. While it's frustrating to watch, especially when we lose to teams we think we should have beaten, we just have to deal with it.

I fully expect to be going to Inbox's funeral (it'll be a blood pressure-related death) in the next year or two. :sleep:
:laugh:

Decent article I still thought the batting was the fault but the bowling does need work.England didn't put up great totals but England's batting was terrible all series. Against a very good bowling attack they would barely get past two hundred mark (220-240) on most occasions .Thanks to some of our the bowling they got some ok totals.

Last edited: