• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Sachin Tendulkar get 100 International centuries?

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
My bet is yes, but it really depends on how many ODI's he plays over the next two years (2011 World Cup). Is he planning to retire from ODI's after 2011 world cup?

Also I think he can play tests for another 4 years atleast

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Doesn't he have around 40 odd now? if so that means he has to play more then his entire career again to get to 100 centuries...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, I think he will. 14 to go. Will retire after the 2011 world cup and in the 2010-11 or 2011-12 season in tests. 3-4 centuries per year in both formats shouldn't be out of reach.

Dissector

International Debutant
Yes I also think he will play ODI's till the world cup and then play tests for another year or so. If he stays fit, 100 hundreds is a definite possibility given his current form. Hopefully he can also manage 50 in both forms. It would be a fantastic way to cap his career.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
its amazing that no one is even close to him, i think second is Ricky ponting who has around 65 or 66 International centuries. Lara had 53.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
I think before he retires he needs to get atleast one Triple hundred. A batsmen of his stature should have atleast one triple

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, I think he will. 14 to go. Will retire after the 2011 world cup and in the 2010-11 or 2011-12 season in tests. 3-4 centuries per year in both formats shouldn't be out of reach.

Hmmm, not so sure myself. Obviously he can keep going as long as he wants, but he'll inevitably find it harder as he approaches 40. Can see him ending with around 95 somehow.

MrIncredible

U19 Cricketer
Exactly. Could see a player like Chris Gayle matching that number (fitness permitting) if he plays enough ODIs (which I highly doubt given the state of WI cricket and ODIs in general)

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Exactly. Could see a player like Chris Gayle matching that number (fitness permitting) if he plays enough ODIs (which I highly doubt given the state of WI cricket and ODIs in general)
Tendulkar's longevity is one of the things that makes hims so special, he's been this good for so long, Chris Gayle won't play anywhere near as ODI's because he'll get old, his reflexes and hand eye coordination will begin to fail, his technique will be exposed and he'll eventually no longer be good enough. Tendulkar's perfect technique and ability to continually evolve as a player sets him apart from the rest. I don't think any other player in the world would have a record as good as Tendulkars having played the same number of ODIs.

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah, triples are usually vanity innings on flat pitches which don't mean much. IMO hitting a fourth innings hundred and helping your team chase a substantial target means a lot more than a triple. It was great when Tendulkar managed to tick that box against England last year.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon he can, but it may only be 18 months in his career. I really don't see him running around after the 2011 WC. 14 tons in 18 months (or something like that), might not be too much for Sachin.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It wouldn't diminish him if he didn't accomplish that.
Wouldn't diminish him if he doesn't but he deserves a triple century. I was thinking the same thing about him that it would be great if he got a big score. He deserves to have his name on the same page as the other triple century makers.
He does a couple of double hundreds where he was not out - so he needs to get into a game situation where he can bat for ages.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
His name is already more revered than some of the names on the triple-century list.