• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1975 Cricket World Cup Final

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't have access to Sky currently, but they do some good work on ESPN Classic. Showed some old Ashes stuff during the series, particularly enjoyed 86/87. :cool:

stumpski

International Captain
Just watching England v Australia at Trent Bridge in 1977 now. Geoff Boycott out for 107 on his return to Test cricket after three years, and as he walks in Ian Botham comes out for his first Test innings. Thomson seems to be doing a lot of bowling.

I can take or leave the stuff from the last ten years, it's fresh in the memory, but I love watching this stuff. :)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watching England v Australia at Trent Bridge in 1977 now. Geoff Boycott out for 107 on his return to Test cricket after three years, and as he walks in Ian Botham comes out for his first Test innings. Thomson seems to be doing a lot of bowling.

I can take or leave the stuff from the last ten years, it's fresh in the memory, but I love watching this stuff. :)
When he ran Derek Randall out was the only time I ever felt sorry for Sir Geoffrey, though not as much as I felt for dear old Rags - great player

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, ditto. Shame VirginMedia doesn't have ESPN Classic, and shame even if it did I wouldn't watch as much as I'd like to because I'm usually doing something else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Really? Have never looked TBH, just skimmed through my channel list when we had Virgin installed and didn't notice ESPN C. If it's there I'll see if it works and how much it'd cost to add it if it doesn't.

stumpski

International Captain
Didn't have it to begin with, it replaced the Setanta channels.

1975 final on again today, btw - according to TV schedules in TWC, anyway.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's free with Sky I think, or maybe it's in the news package which costs a quid. My favourite channel, has great footy on as well, and it's good for Rugby fans too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's certainly pretty standard with Sky, but increasingly VirginMedia is superseding that now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Virgin have pushed to get most decent channels that you get on Sky after losing a lot of customers when they didn't have Sky one two years back