• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The slope at Lords

Midwinter

State Captain
Even through I have been there once, watching Aus v Eng tonight has me confused

If you stood at the front of the pavilion looking out on the ground, which way does it slope ?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It goes from the North West corner down to the South East corner (The Tavern stand). Agree that it is not that noitcable when you actually go there, have been to Lords loads of times and can see it but that is largely because I know it is there. Does make a difference though although commentators are a tad obsessed with it at times.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can see it very clearly from the Media Centre. The difference in height between each side is about eight feet.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Normally sit in the Grandstand where it is perhaps the least noticable, can see it better when I sit in the Tavern stand. Have never been in the Media centre or sat in the Compton or Edrich stands.