• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could rewrite one event in cricket history...

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
What would it be?

Personally I can't think of anything terribly exciting, however Bradman scoring another 7 runs in his final test would have been nice.

And Warner scoring 100 in his first T20i :laugh:

I'd be interested to see what you guys would change.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ponting out for a duck in the 2003 WC final.

Sachin playing till the end of that 1998 Sharjah ODI game against AUS and chasing 272 instead of getting out on 143.

stumpski

International Captain
The Don only needed another 4 in fact, that was the first thing I thought of.

Shane Warne getting injured on the last day of the 2006 Adelaide Test would have been handy.

Also if John Dyson had been (correctly) adjudged run out on the opening day of the final Test of the '82-83 series.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Bradman scoring another 7 runs in his final test would have been nice.
The Don only needed another 4 in fact, that was the first thing I thought of.
As a kid I used to think this too, but as I've gotten older I've come firmly to the belief that the final innings duck and the 99.94 (rather than 100 or more) actually adds to Bradman's mystique and legend - I wouldn't change a thing about it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm. Toughie. Probably have to say we shouldn't have colonised Australia tho, in all honesty. :ph34r:

Nah, Gatting's reverse sweep in the 1987 WC final still rankles.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We've already rewritten the event I'd rewrite here in England and subsequently are celebrating 2 Ashes wins in a row

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harold Larwood not getting injured in the 5th Test of the Bodyline series, the limit on fielders behind square on the leg side being brought in in 1933 and Larwood and Voce playing under Jardine in the 1934 Ashes

I know that's three separate things but they're all related

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Donald and Klusener run out incident of semi-final 1999, it still hurts after 10 goddamn years! :D

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would like to see what would have happened had someone actually managed to pick up a stray ball or two before Edgbaston 2005.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Saeed Anwar making 200 or Saqlain Mushtaq's knees never giving out. Most importantly, egos and politics never getting involved in Pakistani cricket in the 90s.

subshakerz

International Coach
For the umpire in the final test of the 1988 series of Pakistan and West Indies in the West Indies to actually do his job and allow Pakistan to claim the final two wickets and the series. What a victory that would have been for Imran, beating the West Indies at home in the 80s...

P.s., Pakistan also got robbed by the umpire 1 wicket away from victory against West Indies in 2000, that was also gut-wrenching.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would also like to see the Australia-Pakistan test wicket given out by the umpire with Pakistan 1-0 down but Australia down and out in the test before that partnership. Was the batsman Langer or Gilchrist? My memory is hazy.