Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forbes: Highest earning cricketers

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Forbes: Highest earning cricketers

Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Amusing editorial in one of the gulf newspapers today where the author argues that, based on Yuvi earning $8 million a year, cricket is now one of the few sports where earnings are based on marketing hype rather than performance

He claimed that the only comparable was Beckham in football but at least he was good enough to be at least world-class if not one of the world's best

Sachin Tendulkar is 'the holder of numerous offensive records' apparently. Always amusing when Americans try to explain cricket.

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Sachin Tendulkar is 'the holder of numerous offensive records' apparently. Always amusing when Americans try to explain cricket.
    Personally, I find all the runs he scored against England very offensive
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Amusing editorial in one of the gulf newspapers today where the author argues that, based on Yuvi earning $8 million a year, cricket is now one of the few sports where earnings are based on marketing hype rather than performancet
    Yuvi makes about $5m, but yes, the point is true. His ability, even staying within an Indian cricket context, does not put him in the top five players. Indian players, let alone world players. He wouldn't make the 5th Test World XI.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yuvi makes about $5m, but yes, the point is true. His ability, even staying within an Indian cricket context, does not put him in the top five players. Indian players, let alone world players. He wouldn't make the 5th Test World XI.
    Would probably make a T20 world XI though, arguably anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Would probably make a T20 world XI though, arguably anyway.
    ODI more likely I'd think, but I said cricket .

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    ODI more likely I'd think, but I said cricket .
    Haha yes, a fair point. These aren't the highest paid cricketer's at all! They're the highest paid players of simplified baseball!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Tendulkar will continue to make mad amounts of money even after he retires. Probably more than when he was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by zabajk View Post
    Tendulkar will continue to make mad amounts of money even after he retires. Probably more than when he was playing.
    Doubtful.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Doubtful.
    He's a brand name like Jordan. As India's economy expands, so will his endorsements.

Quote Originally Posted by zabajk View Post
    He's a brand name like Jordan. As India's economy expands, so will his endorsements.
    indians also like to spit on their own idols. one unpopular move and sachin's effigy would be burning in every street corner. good on him that he is milking it dry when he is on top.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Doubtful.
    kapil did make more money after retirement ...more to do with TV became more popular in india after his playing days..if some thing new come up sachin could also go the same way
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bagapath View Post
    indians also like to spit on their own idols. one unpopular move and sachin's effigy would be burning in every street corner. good on him that he is milking it dry when he is on top.
    You could argue that a lot of Indians don't respect Gandhi like they should but that is just executing their democratic right to free opinions.

Amitabh is an interesting case. India backed him and prayed for him when he got injured shooting for Janzeer. Yet no one came to his aid when he was in a financial crisis. Amitabh became a political figure and made a lot of wrong decisions and India still embraced him back.

Azharuddin is back in the society parties in Hyderabad after is match fixing scandal.

Tendulkar is Tendulkar. I really doubt India will ever hate him. I know you disagree with me as you have seen heroes fall in front of your eyes but I have to see it to believe that people will really be against Tendulkar.

EDIT - SCRATCH all that. When he was going through a bad phase, so many people wrote him off, it was not funny. You are right.
    Last edited by Pratters; 12-09-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    You could argue that a lot of Indians don't respect Gandhi like they should but that is just executing their democratic right to free opinions.

Amitabh is an interesting case. India backed him and prayed for him when he got injured shooting for Janzeer. Yet no one came to his aid when he was in a financial crisis. Amitabh became a political figure and made a lot of wrong decisions and India still embraced him back.

Azharuddin is back in the society parties in Hyderabad after is match fixing scandal.

Tendulkar is Tendulkar. I really doubt India will ever hate him. I know you disagree with me as you have seen heroes fall in front of your eyes but I have to see it to believe that people will really be against Tendulkar.

EDIT - SCRATCH all that. When he was going through a bad phase, so many people wrote him off, it was not funny. You are right.

ha ha. before i could respond, you have added the note.

you know what? i am actually okay with the public opinion changing either way on anyone. i have been to certain countries where the country's leader is treated above law and with so much reverence that people are practically brainwashed to worship their king/president from childhood. at least indians are free enough to question anybody. what i dont like is the extremes they go to in praising or dissing a person. a bit more equanimity would not hurt, IMO.

sachin will always be liked by the majority, like kapil is despite some serious allegations on his integrity. what i am in doubt about is whether he would make more money post retirement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information